Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Use keyboard?

Title
    Thanks

Use keyboard?

Hi,
    Does anyone know if it is possible to use a keyboard with a Vu+ Solo4K running openvix 5.1?
    I have tried a USB keyboard, nothing doing.
    Installed the blutooth plugin but nothing doing with a Ms bluetooth keyboard, it never detects it.
    Have borrowed a Logitech 400 wireless keyboard with it's own USB receiver and the cursor keys work but noting else.
    I want to enter quite a bit of text in a plugin but find the standard thing a nightmare to use with the remote.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    do you have the original bluetooth adapter from VU? I think it is the only one which will work. I tested my Harmony Keyboard with my Ultimo 4K and there it worked via bluetooth but not everywhere. It worked in Enigma2 for instance for naming bouquets but it did not work in the browser. I do not know if ti changed in the mean time.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Don't have bluetooth adapter. Tried a search and there seem to be some in germany but not cheap.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    afaik only VU+ Ultimo 4K has BlueTooth already build in. I do not know if other BlueTooth sticks will work. You can plug your stick in, reboot the box and immediately after a boot log in with telnet and enter dmesg perhaps you get some interesting informations there.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Borrowed a USB bluetooth adapter and bluetooth plugin pairs with keyboard now but I just get a no-entry sign what I try to enter text, some of the keys work but not the ones I want.

Not getting on with telnet, box is asking for a password and I have never set one, filezilla gets in OK with just 'root' as username and no password.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangfolio View Post
    Not getting on with telnet, box is asking for a password and I have never set one
    So just press <return>. i.e. don't give one.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD