Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: New 4k tv but no sound

Title
    Thanks

New 4k tv but no sound

Hi,
    Every time scenarios change I have problems, typical.

I got the LG 49sj800v and because my receiver ain’t 4k, I connected the Octagon and nvidia shield to the Tv and got a optical out of the tv to the amp.

There is no sound from the Octagon but I do get it from the Shield and smart features on the TV.
    Also image is crap.

Any ideas ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Since a driver change, Octagon have been having issues with AC3 and 2160. There has been a driver update this week, and I did see a list of 4K TV‘s where it was working, but some users had issues still on this other forum.
    You need to google or search this ViX forum where there have been posts for some time on this issue.

Picture wise, it should be fine, depending on the source and how the TV has been setup ..... even the latest TV’s need to be setup depending on your environment (rather than in the display shop mode they are normally in)
    Last edited by twol; 25-11-17 at 07:46.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

3. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

007xico (08-12-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Ive got my sf4008 linked to my bose sound bar by optical out & it works fine.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mrxbox360 For This Useful Post:

007xico (08-12-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Since a driver change, Octagon have been having issues with AC3 and 2160. There has been a driver update this week, and I did see a list of 4K TV‘s where it was working, but some users had issues still on this other forum.
    You need to google or search this ViX forum where there have been posts for some time on this issue.

Picture wise, it should be fine, depending on the source and how the TV has been setup ..... even the latest TV’s need to be setup depending on your environment (rather than in the display shop mode they are normally in)
    Only now had the time to look into it.
    Still have the issue, set the resolution 2160p and I loose the sound on the telly. Image it is fine and it happens in all the channels, not just on the 3 4k I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    You need to set it to 1080p or 1080i as this is still a driver related issue from my understanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Pretty sure you can set downmix to yes and use 2160p.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (18-12-17)