Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: ET4000 not booting up!!!

Title
    Thanks

ET4000 not booting up!!!

Hi,

I had my Xtrend ET4000 left in deep standby and when i came to turn it on, its not booting up, red and green light on and nothing is happening.
    I Left it over night and it was still the same. So the I tried installing a new image, buy following the usual procedure
    1- Format USB to FAT32
    2- Download image and extract and place ET4x00 folder on root of USB.
    3- Power off box, (even took power cable out), plug in USB, plug in cable and turn the box on (tried both front and back USB ports)
    4- Tried "force" and "noforce" way
    nothing else is connected to the box, but it seems that its not booting to recognise the USB and image.
    I tried couple of other USB sticks and no joy
    Have had this box for about 4 years now, is it time to invest in a new box!? or can someone help me bring this box back to life.

Thanks for your help in advance

Title
    Thanks
    Can you try another power supply. Could well be the issue, either that or it could be a security board issue.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,

I tried another Power Supply and no joy.
    How do I determine if its the security board?
    Can't see the box on my router's connected devices and no RS232 port to do anything.
    Anyone aware of JTAG pins for this box?

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    If its a security board issue it has to go back to Xtrend for repair.