Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Setting up a new replacement motorised dish.

Title
    Thanks

Setting up a new replacement motorised dish.

My very old 36 volts motorised dish had a failure on a part so I decided at long last not to repair but go for a new dish and motor system.
    I have set up the new system and it is pointing at polar south.
    As my VU+ box has many satellite positions and channels already saved, is there a way of moving the dish to one of the satellites and saving this position as well as updating all the others at the same time.
    My box thinks that it is still pointing at 28.2 degrees E, which was where the old dish was pointing when I disconnected it.
    In other words I'm trying to save myself time and not have to hunt and re-save the satellite positions one at a time.

Many thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    With your new motor connected and tuner set up correctly would it be possible to use the go to 0 function on receiver so receiver thinks dish is pointing due south. Dish will be 28.2 degrees out to the west though, then use the buttons on motor to manually reset the motor to 0 /due south. I don't know if the receiver would pick up on your attempts to move the dish manually though. Having never tried this I can't vouch for it working

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalAardvark View Post
    My very old 36 volts motorised dish had a failure on a part so I decided at long last not to repair but go for a new dish and motor system.
    I have set up the new system and it is pointing at polar south.
    As my VU+ box has many satellite positions and channels already saved, is there a way of moving the dish to one of the satellites and saving this position as well as updating all the others at the same time.
    My box thinks that it is still pointing at 28.2 degrees E, which was where the old dish was pointing when I disconnected it.
    In other words I'm trying to save myself time and not have to hunt and re-save the satellite positions one at a time.

Many thanks
    If the motor system is the same and the offset angle dish is the same and check latitude of cam position . All you had to do is leave the old satellite on a Sat position measure the arm length, and angle of the dish pointing up, latitude position, and do the same with the new, and then fine tune on that Sat.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Alec. The new dish set up is a completely new system so bears no resemblance to the old 36V system. New Motor, mountings and dish.
    Thanks 1999gtv. I can move the dish round from its due south position now to 28.2 using the buttons on the motor but the box obviously clocks this and if i then go to that satellite from the box remote it goes back to due south. I have not saved/updated this position as I am looking for a way that all the satellite positions get reajusted/saved. Used to have a function to do this on satellite boxes 15 years ago but can't find this on the VU+ box menus.(It may not be there)
    I have not used the goto 0 function so don't know what it would do.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Best to align dish using USALS

6. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

DigitalAardvark (18-11-17)

Title
    Thanks
    The old system you mention would be in the vBox (or equivalent) you used to move your 36v motor. The idea was that if you replaced the 36v motor you could quickly set up the replacement 36v motor.

A DiSEqC motor works on a different principal than a 36v motor and there is no way to transfer the positions from one method to the other.

You will have to set it up from scratch, but that is much easier to do with a DiSEqC motor compared with a 36v motor.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    You can transfer your diseqc positions one at a time to the motor, but like the others have already stated the easiest option is to use USALS. It is really easy.

Send the motor to zero, and then clamp the dish dead straight on the motor stub. Do this up properly because you are not going to adjust it again.

Enter your coordinates into the receiver. And then send the dish/motor to the satellite nearest your due south.

To adjust to that satellite use the dish elevation adjustment. To adjust east/west just rotate the motor around the mast.

And adjust the LNB skew so that the cable is a 6 o'clock when the dish is facing due south.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Many thanks for all your replys and yes I have replaced a system with a failed V box.
    I am now using the USALS which worked without much effort just changing the menu to USALS.
    Dish tracked straight round to the correct place.