Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Box stuck on boot.

Title
    Thanks

Box stuck on boot.

The other night I noticed the external hard drive had come out of the front usb port so I turned the box off at the back and put the external hard drive back in. When I turned the box back on it just said boot on the front, the openvix logo popped up on screen and went black and that was it. It is now 3 days later and box is still frozen and I have tried flashing a new vix version onto the box with 2 different usb and nothing. Is my box dead?!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    I would be amazed if the box had an issue, the HDD maybe depending on how the cable was detached.
    Remove the external HDD and see if it will reboot.
    If not try to flash from USB with only that device attached.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Ye I have tried flashing with just the usb attached but still nothing. When I flash openvix to the box it will give me the install menu with loading bar but when that is done and it goes to reboot it just says boot on the box and I get a blank screen

Title
    Thanks
    What do you mean by install menu?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    What do you mean by install menu?
    The boot screen when flashing the box

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    My Osmini was doing this, in the end I downloaded my firmware of choice extracted the zip opened the folder named osmini and renamed the file named noforce to force then copied the osmini folder to usb and ejected the stick. Powered the osmini off completely inserted usb and powered box back on it then flashed with no input needed from me

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 1999gtv View Post
    My Osmini was doing this, in the end I downloaded my firmware of choice extracted the zip opened the folder named osmini and renamed the file named noforce to force then copied the osmini folder to usb and ejected the stick. Powered the osmini off completely inserted usb and powered box back on it then flashed with no input needed from me
    I tried what you did but still doesn't work. When I flash the box the screen comes up fine and it goes through the three stages of installing. When that is done the openvix logo comes up and then disappears leaving the screen blank. All the while the box says boot on the front and then that's it it just stays that way.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I would try again but using a non Vix image like openpli using the same method you just tried. All you really need it to do is flash fully once and complete the installation, then once you do get it working flash back to Vix again

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 1999gtv View Post
    I would try again but using a non Vix image like openpli using the same method you just tried. All you really need it to do is flash fully once and complete the installation, then once you do get it working flash back to Vix again
    Ok I'll try that.

Title
    Thanks
    Right I tried flashing the newest version of openpli to the box and the flash/update screen came up fine. After updating the firmware. The openvix logo came up for a second and then went blank all the while the box says "boot". Why would the openvix logo come up if i was installing openpli?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    If bought from forum sponsors WOS within last 2 years it should be under warranty maybe give a ring Monday, my son had similar problem and was pointed in the direction of a bootloader to flash followed by image of choice. In the meantime I would go back to basics make sure you are using a small usb preferably under 8gb in size, download either bootice or hp format tool and do a full format of usb stick to fat 32. Copy the edision folder to it and start again with the flashing procedure these receivers can be so picky when it comes to usb sticks it can be a bit of a nightmare. I was surprised just how much difference just using bootice to format can make

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hicky087 View Post
    Right I tried flashing the newest version of openpli to the box and the flash/update screen came up fine. After updating the firmware. The openvix logo came up for a second and then went blank all the while the box says "boot". Why would the openvix logo come up if i was installing openpli?
    OpenViX logo because it was set when the boot files were installed.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    OpenViX logo because it was set when the boot files were installed.
    I tried flashing openatv last night and although the openatv logo came up it still did the same thing. Just a blank screen after the logo with the box saying boot

Title
    Thanks
    Same happening here. Any joy on a fix?

Title
    Thanks
    Exactly the same also here ! The box works for months...but suddenly stuck on "boot" ... Wtf ?