Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: GigaBlue Quad+ remote control stopped working.

Title
    Thanks

GigaBlue Quad+ remote control stopped working.

Model - GigaBlue Quad Plus
    Chipset - BCM7356
    CPU - Mipsel 1.3Ghz Dual core
    Image - 5.0.032 (Release)

I flashed to image 5.0.032 about a week or so ago. Everything was running smooth until 2 days ago my GigaBlue remote control just stopped working. The remote control seems to be working as i have pointed into a digital camera and can see the infra red beam on the camera when i press a button on the remote control. I didn't change any settings, or drop the remote control. I have changed the batteries on the remote. I have restored a backup image i created when the remote control was working but still the remote control will not work. The led on the front of the receiver does not blink when a button is pressed anymore.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Is there a way to 'reset' the remote control?

thanks

jawz

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    On mine there is a giga button which enables it as a controller for the receiver - have you something similar?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

3. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

jawz (09-11-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Doh, can't believe it was something so simple. Thanks twol that worked a treat

Title
    Thanks
    Nothing is simple unless you have been there and solved it
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches

6. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

jawz (09-11-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    Har! Har! That button on the giga remote caught me out several times when I had it first. I haven't used the remote in about two years now, though. I bought a Harmony remote (model 300) and it has all the functions I need and is much better quality.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    I use a software app to control my setups, but when my in laws stay here I have to provide the remotes - unfortunately always a period of destructive learning
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners: