Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: upload old movie library to TM-Twin-4k

Title
    Thanks

upload old movie library to TM-Twin-4k

My TM-Twin-4K arrived 2 weeks ago. Having previously set up an ICEcrypt STC6000HD PVR a few years back, the TM-Twin-4K was soon working after connection to my existing dish & LNB/DiSEqC array. I have no issues to report. I discovered four FTA 4K services and confirm TM-Twin-4K works well with my 4K TV too.

I would like to copy my collection of movie files & some jPEG photos from ICEcrypt onto a new TM usb3 hdd, so that I can dispose of the ICEcrypt box completely. So I am seeking advice on moving/upload old movie files to the new USB3 hdd connected to TM-Twin-4k. I was able to connect to TM-Twin-4k box using OpenWebif and I was able to confirm both boxes create movies as .ts MPEG-2 TS video format.

The ICEcrypt hdd can be read by PC MS Explorer (Win 7 Pro 64 bit) (achieved by removing internal disk and connecting via a usb interface).
    A new usb3 hdd was connected to TM-Twin-4k usb port and initialised. After initialisation I found the USB3 HDD can no longer be viewed/written to as it becomes invisible to my Window o/s.

My question is:-
    a) is there a Windows based application that will enable files already retrieved from ICEcrypt hdd to be written to the new TM usb hdd?
    b) alternatively, can I achieve this process using Filezilla ftp client somehow? I tried but do not know settings..
    c) is there and extension to OpenWebif that will enable upload from my browser directly to USB3 hdd connected to TM-Twin-4k?
    TM-TWIN-4K Enigma2 + OpenVix 5.1.002 + external USB3 HDD
    Dish 60 x 70cm eliptical; 3xDual LNB +1xQuad LNB; 2x4 way DiSEqC
    Satellites: 28.2E, 19.2E. 13.0E, 4th LNB unfocused.
    TV - Samsung SUHD K8000 4K (tuner direct fed from one of spare Quad ports)
    Megasat 1HD satmeter

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Have you formatted/initialised the HDD? This will be in ext format.

The dreamexplorer plugin allows you to move files between devices connected to the receiver. The plugin is installed on the receiver.
    FTP programs like Filezilla will transfer files.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Midori (07-11-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Have you formatted/initialised the HDD? This will be in ext format.
    Yes, I formatted the usb hdd using the menu system. I posted before "A new usb3 hdd was connected to TM-Twin-4k usb port and initialised."
    I assume "initalised" is same as "formatted".

Could you advise what settings to set for FileZilla? What is port number, USER (is it "tmtin4k" ?), and Password?
    Meanwhile I will investigate dreamexplorer,
    Megasat 1HD satmeter

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    For Filezilla you type in IP address. User name : root - Password : leave empty. port 21
    Octagon SF8008 4K, VU+Duo 2..
    Edision OS MINI,

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ashley69 For This Useful Post:

Midori (06-11-17)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Can't you connect the usb3 hdd directly to your pc and transfer the files from the ICEcrypt hdd (also connected to your pc) ?

edit: You may have to do a bit of messing about the get windows to read/write ext format discs.
    Last edited by ccs; 05-11-17 at 13:52.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for both replies, which have boosted my skills considerably.
    I managed to connect FileZilla as you instructed, Voila, I can now view whole TM directory system, and have uploaded one of my Icecrypt files for testing. And yes TM could play back the file, and TM generated .ts.meta and .eit extensions automatically. Former icecrypt extensions .rap and .idx are ignored, but who cares if I cannot restart replay from where I left off previously. I can also re edit the .ts.meta files to modify filenames in OPENwebif. I can now have my back-library all managed in the TM. I am grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    Can't you connect the usb3 hdd directly to your pc and transfer the files from the ICEcrypt hdd (also connected to your pc) ?
    edit: You may have to do a bit of messing about the get windows to read/write ext format discs.
    "messing": You are right. I did say "A new usb3 hdd was connected to TM-Twin-4k usb port and initialised. After initialisation I found the USB3 HDD can no longer be viewed/written to as it becomes invisible to my Window o/s."
    That forced me to post originally - because my Win7 Pro would not see the usb drive when directly plugged into PC. Win Explorer could not see the drive at all. Windows Disk Management msi could only recognise see the drive capacity, but could not see the format, etc. I am happy to give up wanting to see the TM usb hdd drive under win o/s environment because Filezilla ftp does it all perfectly well.

As for dreamexplorer, I drew n enormous blank here. I am a real novice regarding plugings. I could not see "dreamexplorer" entry in TW menu, I found no way to search and upload plugins within TM-menu. Googling got me entirely frightened away. But then FTP was solved !!
    Last edited by Midori; 05-11-17 at 15:20.
    Megasat 1HD satmeter

Title
    Thanks
    go to Openvix plugins and install the "3g-ntfs" plugin(i think thats the name of it). this allows the E2 receiver to read windows NTFS format. connect your usb-3 HDD to your pc, format to NTFS and copy the files from the ICEcrypt HDD to the usb-3 HDD.

when the transfer is complete then connect the usb-3 HDD to your receiver and you should be able to access it now from the receiver.

ill update later with the exact plugin name when i have access to a receiver.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Alankellyeire For This Useful Post:

Midori (07-11-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    That is the name of the plugin. It is found in drivers.

However, best to use Linux compatible filesystem with the receiver.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for advice. I managed to get another step up on the learning curve.

I managed to install my first Plugin - Dreamexplorer. It works as expected, but does not allow files to be imported or exported.
    However I will stick with FileZilla FTP solution which works fine on native disk file format for usb hdd, and I can manipulate usb hdd fully from other network device whilst TV is being watched.
    I searched the box for a .png or .jpg file, found lots, but not the file I was wanting to modify. I want to change the "OpenViz" screen which displays when Radio is active. The colourful full screen image that has (like) static sound spectrum bars. Far too disturbing when listening to radio. Is the a plugin or way for me to install alternative radio background screen image?

I managed to find "3g-ntfs" and instal the service. Testing with a standard NIFS formatted usb3 drive it works perfectly with test movie.

Lastly, I discovered that whilst PIP is active, by pressing "blue" button with "0" button, the extensions menu shows a "PIP Setup" extension. I tried to increase the size of PIP thumbnail display. The command is stated as "Bouquet with +/- keys"
    I tried all the buttons wih +/- Volume but made no progress.
    What is the correct key combination to adjust size of PIP thumbnail?
    Megasat 1HD satmeter

Title
    Thanks
    the image you speak of is called the boot/background image do a search here and you will find out how to change it. its very easy just transfer the image and do i reboot if i remember correctly.

glad to here 3g-ntfs works perfectly for you. you can install the exfat driver if you use that format.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alankellyeire View Post
    the image you speak of is called the boot/background image do a search here and you will find out how to change it. its very easy just transfer the image and do i reboot if i remember correctly.
    Using Filezilla to view memory, the /boot directory is accessible, but empty. Furthermore many of the other directories cannot be opened at all. Like "CWD /dev/root" give "550 failed to change directory".
    Megasat 1HD satmeter