Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Windows store not loading after Windows reset

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks

Windows store not loading after Windows reset

Hi hoping someone can help me out I had to reset windows 10 and now windows 10 wont load when I click it it just gives a spinning circle then closes.

Screenshot (89).jpg

Plus Skype was giving an error unable to open

Search wasn't working.

So I did some research and found this https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...oes-not-launch

I realised that the regional setting was set to Afghanistan and every time I set to United Kingdom it would revert back to Afghanistan so I searched up on region settings not changing and found this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...7-91c1060561a0

I had to open
    REGEDIT but was unable to find the GEO key under

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International

So I thought I try and create one but was denied access - "no permissions".

So I right clicked on the key, selected "permissions" ADDED my user ID, "Checked Names", and set the permissions to FULL CONTROL. GEO key appeared and UK was set.

So now I was able to change settings to UK and restarted my laptop and the settings saved.

Search now works but still the same windows store wont open plus Skype preview says We cant sign in due to regional polices.

Other things I have tried is:

Reset the Store cache:
    Press Windows + R keys to open the run command box.
    Type WSReset, then try launching Store and sign in.

Still the same.

I have tried using windows power shell and using

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

Result:

Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\WINDOWS\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml' because it does not exist.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register C:\WINDOWS\WinStore ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\WINDOWS\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], ItemNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager .Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

Hopefully someone can help me out before I need to do a complete reinstall thanks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dsayers For This Useful Post:

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Just to add to the power shell error Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\WINDOWS\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml' because it does not exist.

I have checked OS C: and the path does not exist

I dont have capital WINDOWS within lower case windows folder

Screenshot (91).jpg

But in windows.old I do but I dont have WinStore folder

Screenshot (113).jpg

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    Just to add to the power shell error Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\WINDOWS\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml' because it does not exist.

I have checked OS C: and the path does not exist
    It doesn't exist on my Win10 system either, so that's not your problem.

I dont have capital WINDOWS within lower case windows folder
    ntfs is a case-insensitive (but case-remembering) system.

But in windows.old I do but I dont have WinStore folder
    No, you don't really. That's an old copy of your windows partition (C:) not the Windows folder within it.

You seem to be having problems everywhere (or at least in several places). So don't assume it's just a Winstore problem. It appears to be more fundamental.
    Why did you have to reset in the first place?
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    It doesn't exist on my Win10 system either, so that's not your problem.

ntfs is a case-insensitive (but case-remembering) system.

No, you don't really. That's an old copy of your windows partition (C:) not the Windows folder within it.

You seem to be having problems everywhere (or at least in several places). So don't assume it's just a Winstore problem. It appears to be more fundamental.
    Why did you have to reset in the first place?
    I cant remember why I had to reset the post is from 2017, I dont have these issues anymore. Im not sure why post 3 was made as it isnt an helpful post.
    Last edited by dsayers; 14-04-19 at 16:58.