Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Support please: Unable to access sbd2 partition/folder

Title
    Thanks

Support please: Unable to access sbd2 partition/folder

I have a USB external hard drive which has previously been used on a Mac with OSX which works ok when plugged in to the Mac USB port, can read and write files etc as normal.

What I have done is plugged the exteranl drive in to my Technomate Nano2 Super's USB port and setup OpenVIX v 5.0.29 and set the external hard drive to be the drive where the EPG, recordings etc are saved, during the install OpenVIX created its normal folders, such as HDD, LIB, Media etc.

Whilst the hard drive is plugged in to the Technomate I can browse the folders & files from my Mac that OpenVIX created but I am unable to browse to the sbd2 folder that was previously created when the external hard drive was plugged in to my Mac.

sbd2 folder is visible when I select media player on the Technomate.

Does anyone know how I can resolve it so I can see the sbd2 folder from my Mac when plugged in to the Technomate ?

Any help is greatly appreciated and I hope I have posted it in the correct section.

Thank you.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by timbo4000 View Post
    I have a USB external hard drive which has previously been used on a Mac with OSX which works ok when plugged in to the Mac USB port, can read and write files etc as normal.
    What type of file system is on the two partitions?

What I have done is plugged the exteranl drive in to my Technomate Nano2 Super's USB port and setup OpenVIX v 5.0.29 and set the external hard drive to be the drive where the EPG, recordings etc are saved, during the install OpenVIX created its normal folders, such as HDD, LIB, Media etc.
    If I plug a USB drive containing two partitions into my box both get mounted:

Code:
    root@et8000:/var/log# df
    Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
    ubi0:rootfs             452436    117056    335380  26% /
    devtmpfs                231472         4    231468   0% /dev
    tmpfs                       64         0        64   0% /media
    tmpfs                   231604       108    231496   0% /var/volatile
    /dev/sda1             15240648    334712  14905936   2% /media/usb
    /dev/sdb1            1464935936 775136256 688751104  53% /media/hdd
    /dev/sdc1              4186108         4   4186104   0% /media/sdc1
    /dev/sdc2              3661820         4   3661816   0% /media/sdc2
    Whilst the hard drive is plugged in to the Technomate I can browse the folders & files from my Mac that OpenVIX created but I am unable to browse to the sbd2 folder that was previously created when the external hard drive was plugged in to my Mac.
    Where are you looking for them?
    As you can see from the above, it should be mounted under /media. That isn't accessible directly while browsing through your movie list. However, if you press the yellow button (Location) and go to the bottom of the list it should show up there.

If you want it mounted somewhere else you can set that up in the mount manager.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD