Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Mutant HD51 blank screen problem

Title
    Thanks

Mutant HD51 blank screen problem

I recently purchased Mutant HD 51, been working fine for a few weeks and now the entire picture goes off for a few seconds and comes back. This happens intermittently and causes disruption when watching. Happening with all the channels inc. BBC & ITV from free view connected to Sky dish. Irrespective of what channel I am on the entire picture goes blank for a few seconds and comes back. It does it intermittently and sometime a few blanks within few seconds.
    Tried to enable Auto resolution, but did Not resolve the issue. If I have the EPG on to see the planner, then that goes blank as well. I have tested if it's my TV, but it is definitely the box. I have update the software, which I did but no resolution. I have not flashed the box so it's got the original image that it came with: VIX 5.0.27, Bootloader V1.07-r/9. Any idea how I can resolve the problem?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy51970 View Post
    I have tested if it's my TV, but it is definitely the box. I have update the software, which I did but no resolution. I have not flashed the box so it's got the original image that it came with: VIX 5.0.27, Bootloader V1.07-r/9. Any idea how I can resolve the problem?
    1. How have you tested the TV?
    2. Is the receiver output set to 1080 or 2160?
    3. Sounds more like hmdi cable issue or interference.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

3. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Andy51970 (12-10-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Try a different HDMI cable.
    VU+ Solo2 HDD Harmony 650 remote
    Mutant HD51 4K
    VU+ Zero
    Edision OS MINI

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Willmoore For This Useful Post:

Andy51970 (12-10-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Guys thanks a lot...you are both genius. It was indeed the cable.

Title
    Thanks
    I have another small issue regarding IPTV on mutant. Everytime I flip to a channel it takes around 5-7 seconds to unfreeze. Is this normal or can I do something to improve this?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy51970 View Post
    I have another small issue regarding IPTV on mutant. Everytime I flip to a channel it takes around 5-7 seconds to unfreeze. Is this normal or can I do something to improve this?
    Normal in my experience.
    VU+ Solo2 HDD Harmony 650 remote
    Mutant HD51 4K
    VU+ Zero
    Edision OS MINI