Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Plex DVR behind VPN

Title
    Thanks

Plex DVR behind VPN

I have a little problem with Plex DVR since hooking my VU+ Duo to a VPN router. It's not an issue with the plugin, but more of a setup issue I'm looking for advice with. Here's my setup:

1. Primary router - connected to the secondary router and acting as a normal router with no VPN configuration.
    2. Secondary router - running TomatoUSB firmware, connected with OpenVPN to my VPN service
    3. VU+ Duo (latest ViX build) - This is connected to the VPN router.
    4. Windows 10 PC running Plex - This is connected to the primary router.

Plex itself works fine, but the Plex DVR fails when trying to add a recording and the settings page says it can not find the device.

My Plex server is not connected to the VPN router due to a reduction in upload/download speeds when connected.

Ideally, I'd like a way to keep my Duo connected to the VPN router, but allow any local network traffic to bypass the VPN.

Any ideas?

Edit:
    Primary router is on 192.168.1.1
    Secondary router is on 192.168.1.2
    Last edited by stevenatherton42; 10-10-17 at 22:54.