Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rootfile system

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Did you follow Willo's advice in post 4 and download the recovery zip. Extract it and copy the 2 files into the folder of the image you are attempting to flash as this was the resolution to someone on another forum who had the same issues as you are having.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 1999gtv View Post
    Did you follow Willo's advice in post 4 and download the recovery zip. Extract it and copy the 2 files into the folder of the image you are attempting to flash as this was the resolution to someone on another forum who had the same issues as you are having.
    hi..yes done and followed the recovery zip...but still same,,goes through the process..just hangs on booting,,.it doesn't restart ..just hangs ....
    again I cant thank everyone enough for help/advice..i just don't no what else too try...

Title
    Thanks
    Hello softlad
    I had the same issue before, try the recovery file and it did not work, What I did was , got a new USB memory stick and loaded the Egami image from May/2017 and that work for me and haven't seen this issue again.
    Regards.
    Chewie

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    If you can load an image, you can flash any image
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunder View Post
    Hello softlad
    I had the same issue before, try the recovery file and it did not work, What I did was , got a new USB memory stick and loaded the Egami image from May/2017 and that work for me and haven't seen this issue again.
    Regards.
    Chewie
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    If you can load an image, you can flash any image
    hi lads...again I just cant thank you enough for your help and advice...ive brought 5 different flash drives..along with my existing flash drives 4gb to 8gb.had all kind of boxes in the past and never had any problems flashing boxes..tried all images possible,,,it just goes too the rootfile system then wont go past the booting stage,,just hangs..so I guess I'm going have too send it back too wos

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by softlad View Post
    hi lads...again I just cant thank you enough for your help and advice...ive brought 5 different flash drives..along with my existing flash drives 4gb to 8gb.had all kind of boxes in the past and never had any problems flashing boxes..tried all images possible,,,it just goes too the rootfile system then wont go past the booting stage,,just hangs..so I guess I'm going have too send it back too wos
    when I received my sf4008 for the first time (flashed with openatv, as vix was not out) . I had the exact same issue as you. I tried 5 usb stick and non of them would take. I went out and bought a new usb stick (sandisk 3.0 16gb) used the documents attached and flashed successfully with openatv.

I looked into this after, to see why the 5 various usb sticks didn't work. I found that the laptop I was using had some setting in device manager that was corrupting the sticks, as they would not even store documents on them. if you google this there is info out there to correct this issue. if you have access to another pc try that with the new usb or look on google. its defo from the device manager on your pc.
    Last edited by john doe; 16-10-17 at 10:20. Reason: add info/amend
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

Title
    Thanks
    just a quick update..ended up sending the box back too wos..and ive now received a email saying its been sent back too octagon for repair as its still under warranty...thx for help and advice

8. The Following User Says Thank You to softlad For This Useful Post:

Willo3092 (19-10-17)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12