Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Xtrend Et10k-Timer Recording Didn’t Records Properly

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    Yes, 4 dvb-t2 plug and play tuners (tuner D disabled) and 1 usb t2 tuner.
    What I found is that if there are no valid services/tuners, timers get disabled. As you have more than one tuner, that throws that theory out of the window.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Yes, 4 dvb-t2 plug and play tuners (tuner D disabled) and 1 usb t2 tuner.
    I'd just noticed that in the log. Is there any reason why D is disabled? (Not that it should affect things here).
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    What I found is that if there are no valid services/tuners, timers get disabled. As you have more than one tuner, that throws that theory out of the window.
    It's also the case that if it were missing tuners then all Emmerdale recordings for 19:00 should get disabled, but only the first one does.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    I'd just noticed that in the log. Is there any reason why D is disabled? (Not that it should affect things here).
    Long story, well documented , basically when all 4 tuners are needed for recording, tuner C stops working.
    It freezes until one of the other tuners is no longer needed.
    And although tuner D is disabled, it still needs an aerial feed, otherwise tuner C doesn't work at all.

Independently, the tuners all work fine.
    Last edited by ccs; 28-02-18 at 10:45.

Title
    Thanks
    Long story, well documented .
    I vaguely recall it.

Anyway, what we know is that the timer is OK in the backup, but disabled before the final reboot. So the restore wizard must be changing it.
    But it shouldn't be, as it has no reason at all to ever see it. However, it's possible that it reads it in to cover the fact that enigma2 will write out the timers when it closes down. I'll need to track down the code and follow it through by eye...

I could also try the couch flash on my et8000, which also (currently) has a disabled tuner, and a USB tuner. It also (IIRC) has a "feature" whereby after a couch flash and restore the final reboot doesn't actually happen (it fails to spot that a sub-process has finished - there's s zombie left around...) - I have to login and reboot it. At least if I'm correct about that it would mean I can have a look around...

Title
    Thanks
    I'll need to track down the code and follow it through by eye...
    I can see a possible issue...
    The restore is done by vix-core/src/RestoreWizard.py, which contains this code:
    Code:
            def settingRestore_Finished(self, result, retval, extra_args=None):
                    self.didSettingsRestore = True
                    eDVBDB.getInstance().reloadServicelist()
                    eDVBDB.getInstance().reloadBouquets()
                    self.session.nav.PowerTimer.loadTimer()
                    self.session.nav.RecordTimer.loadTimer()
                    configfile.load()
                    # self.NextStep = 'plugindetection'
                    self.pleaseWait.close()
                    self.doRestorePlugins1()
    So it's loading PowerTimers and RecordingTimers before it loads the config file - i.e. before it knows what types of tuners you have set.

Now, if we knew we were about to reboot (which we will do if any plugins get restored) and we could switch of writing out the config files as enigma2 exits we wouldn't need to read them in her at all. But that's not the case.

So the first thing to do is to see what happens if we move the configfile.load() line to be two lines earlier. Not so easy to test, as this has to be in the image file you flash....but I have an idea....

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    A backup restore onto a live system with empty timers and autotimers works fine.

If I flash 5.1.019 image release, and don't invoke the wizard, but do a backup restore by hand, I see this image.

Trying out something else now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    If I flash 5.1.019 image release, ignore wizard, switch on debug logs, reboot, restore settings, I get the same error as the previous post.
    Logs not making sense at the moment, I'll try again.

Title
    Thanks
    A backup restore onto a live system with empty timers and autotimers works fine.

If I flash 5.1.019 image release, and don't invoke the wizard, but do a backup restore by hand, I see this image.

Trying out something else now.
    OK. That will simplify things (I think....I reckon I can get my idea to work, but it may take same time...).
    I presume that between the "don't invoke the wizard" and "do a backup restore by hand" you can access the system so could copy in an updated RestoreWizard.py and restart the GUI?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I'm not seeing that error message anymore, but the timer still get disabled.

Despite switching on debug logs and setting the location and rebooting, the log for the session which does a backup restore always goes missing.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    OK. That will simplify things (I think....I reckon I can get my idea to work, but it may take same time...).
    I presume that between the "don't invoke the wizard" and "do a backup restore by hand" you can access the system so could copy in an updated RestoreWizard.py and restart the GUI?
    Should be ok - maybe I should try a GUI restart first (before your changes) to see if it still fails.

Title
    Thanks
    If I flash 5.1.019 image release, ignore wizard, switch on debug logs, reboot, restore settings, I get the same error as the previous post.
    Logs not making sense at the moment, I'll try again.
    Could you copy the file from this zip:
    RestoreWizard.zip
    into /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/ViX/ and restart the GUI before restoring settings?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Could you copy the file from this zip:
    RestoreWizard.zip
    into /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/ViX/ and restart the GUI before restoring settings?
    Ok, done that, but timer still disabled.

I renamed RestoreWizard.pyo to RestoreWizard.pyo.ok before copying RestoreWizard.py - was that wrong?

No pyo file was created after GUI restart. (init 4, copy, init 3)

Code:
    root@et10000:/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/ViX# ls -l R*
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root         16676 Feb 28 12:34 RestoreWizard.py
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root         18603 Feb 24 13:40 RestoreWizard.pyo.ok
    root@et10000:/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/ViX#

Title
    Thanks
    Ok, done that, but timer still disabled.
    Hmmmm....thanks. More thinking needed....

I renamed RestoreWizard.pyo to RestoreWizard.pyo.ok before copying RestoreWizard.py - was that wrong?
    No. In fact it was a Good Idea, as it means you have something to go back to if my change had screwed things up.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    If a new pyo file wasn't created, doesn't it also mean that it doesn't get used after the GUI restart ?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast