Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Octagon SF4008 Flash Image

Title
    Thanks

Octagon SF4008 Flash Image

Hello Gentleman
    I am having a problem with my octagon, if i was to flash the box with the latest updates form any image, it loads very good but there is no sound,but if I install an image from last month I get the sound and if I install any image with the latest updates on multi-boot everything works, I can update the images in multi-boot and there is no issues with sound.
    Just wondering why I can not install any image with the latest updates in the flash with out loosing the sound.
    Any Ideas where the problem maybe will be appreciated.
    Regards.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tunder For This Useful Post:

el bandido (24-09-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    I assume you are flipping between OpenATV and ViX?
    The Multiboot plugin just loads an image from external storage and doesn't change anything other than the multiboot hooks.
    As has been reported in several threads there was an issue with the SF4008 drivers ... hence the audio issue.
    OpenATV build every night and so their image has the fixed drivers, as long as you use a recent image. OpenViX will have the fixed drivers when the next image is available.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Hello twol
    Thanks for your response, I been flipping between ATV, VIX, OPENEIGHT, EGAMI, SATDREAMGR, same problem, I was thinking of doing a factory reset, but I read it will reset to the last image uploaded to the flash.
    Well, I can live with this I just hope when blind Scan comes around I would be able to blind scan from the images on multiboot.
    I will wait a while for the images to correct the problems with audio and try them again on the flash.
    Thanks again.
    Tunder

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tunder For This Useful Post:

AndyXr (26-09-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi - I'm having this problem too. Can you tell me whether you managed to solve it, and if so, how?

Title
    Thanks
    Hello Laserquest
    Here is my fix:

Hello All
    Here is my fix for the issue with AC3 sound with 2160p 60hz, under the Video settings The last option on the very bottom " Control Hardware Chip Modes" I changed it to 12bit 4:2:0/4:2:2 no PIP.
    It worked with images EGAMI, OPENVIX, OPENATV, SATDREAMGR AND OPEN8.
    Hope this helps.
    Regards.
    Tunder

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tunder For This Useful Post:

laserquest (17-11-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunder View Post
    Hello Laserquest
    Here is my fix:

Hello All
    Here is my fix for the issue with AC3 sound with 2160p 60hz, under the Video settings The last option on the very bottom " Control Hardware Chip Modes" I changed it to 12bit 4:2:0/4:2:2 no PIP.
    It worked with images EGAMI, OPENVIX, OPENATV, SATDREAMGR AND OPEN8.
    Hope this helps.
    Regards.
    Tunder
    Thanks Tunder. I have given this a go but it still hasn't worked. I did a reboot too, to no avail.

I think I'll just need to revert to the previous image and hope that fixes it - or perhaps I'll try OpenATV as I've never used that image before.

Title
    Thanks
    Forgotten about the SF4008 driver issue ......both ATV & ViX use the same drivers (its the same OE-A for both) so will not make a difference.
    I think it went wrong with the kodi driver support, so any ViX before 15th September should work for you.
    Could be wrong but worth trying
    Last edited by twol; 17-11-17 at 22:38.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches

11. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

laserquest (17-11-17)

Title
    Thanks
    I'd like to give OpenATV a go first, and then try your advice at switching to the pre sep 15th version if it doesn't work.

Next question: I'm Trying to flash the Octagon box in the same way as I used to flash images to the Vu+Duo - via USB. It's not working. What am I doing wrong?

Title
    Thanks
    On the Octagon,
    1) FAT32 usb format stick
    2) copy the SF4008 folder to the stick (unzip the download to extract the folder)
    3) Insert ONLY this usb stick
    4) power on
    5) press power button when the stick is recognised and the receiver then tells you to do so.

But I always found the box a pain to flash this way, which is why I rarely did it by usb.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Use a rear port and max 8gb stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by laserquest View Post
    Thanks Tunder. I have given this a go but it still hasn't worked. I did a reboot too, to no avail.

I think I'll just need to revert to the previous image and hope that fixes it - or perhaps I'll try OpenATV as I've never used that image before.
    Hello Laserquest
    Make sure the refresh rate under video settings is not set to multi.
    Regards.
    Tunder

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Forgotten about the SF4008 driver issue ......both ATV & ViX use the same drivers (its the same OE-A for both) so will not make a difference.
    I think it went wrong with the kodi driver support, so any ViX before 15th September should work for you.
    Could be wrong but worth trying
    Hi twol.
    I'm also using an earlier Vix image because of sound issues with newer images, Has anyone tested the new Openvix 5 1 002 Release yet to see if this works?

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    I don't think drivers have been updated since 5.1, so you need to look at the advice on this thread
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    I have, That's why I asked if anyone has used or tested the New release yet?

Title
    Thanks
    I done both of mine today & both working fine sf4008 & hd51

20. The Following User Says Thank You to mrxbox360 For This Useful Post:

Garden (21-11-17)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast