Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Gigablue vs edision question please!!!

Title
    Thanks

Gigablue vs edision question please!!!

Hello good morning to everyone!!!
    I know that maybe a stubid question but i am a begginer and i want to know.
    My question is:
    Which is better reciever gigablue quad or edision mini? I know that quad is more more expencive than edision mini.
    Which have better picture quality? (i am very interested in picture quality between this two recieiver)
    I know edision os mini have newer cpu but gigablue quad is faster and has better rom ,lcd screen etc....
    edision mini (i think) is 2015 recieiver and Quad is 2013 reciever)
    Can you help me please?
    I am interested more in picture quality and then other specs.
    Thank you for your time! I know this is a great forum with fast answer/responses.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    What is your budget?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you for fast responce Hazza!!!
    I dont care about budjet!
    I have already gigablue quad and a best friend of mine has edision mini.
    I just want to know which is better recieiver(better picture quality)
    Because my friend is going to give me this edision os mini and i dont know which of this 2 receivers i will connect to my dish in my house.
    If you have 2 of this recievers which one will you connect to watch channels?
    Thank you very much!!!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,887 Times in 2,242 Posts
    I wouldn't expect any difference, but viewing images is such a personal experience, that I would just say try both and make a choice based on what you see.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

5. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

lex7791 (19-09-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you!

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,036 Times in 7,629 Posts
    If you want something with similar speed or faster than the GB Quad, look at the Edision OS Mega: https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...os-mega-osmega
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, AX HD61 COMBO, ZGEMMA H9 TWIN, VU+ ULTIMO 4K
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Technomate 80cm Powered by TM-2600 and Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    I wouldn't expect any difference, but viewing images is such a personal experience, that I would just say try both and make a choice based on what you see.
    It can also depend on which TV is being used and whether the box or the TV is doing the up-scaling etc. Most TV come with default settings more suited to shop demonstrations rather than a real world living room environment and just adjusting the TVs settings can make a big difference - usually by turning OFF (or at least toning down) the manufactures features that claim to give a better picture quality.

Consider also that the broadcasters are trying to squeeze more and more content into the same bandwidth and on most of the lesser TV channels the picture is so filtered and compressed that no amount of processing in the receiver is going to restore the quality back to the picture. A lot of picture processing in these boxes is performed in hardware so the speed of the processor is more likely to effect how long it takes to change channels, search for timer programs etc. rather than effecting broadcast picture quality.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

lex7791 (22-09-17),Sicilian (22-09-17)

Title
    Thanks
    I have plasma vt 20 panasonic 3d 50'