Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: FTP connect to VU-DUO

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

FTP connect to VU-DUO

Hi
    I am trying to connect to my bix either using Filezilla or Dreambox edit today as I have done many times before, yet today I cannot!

I can access the box on my PC by entering 192.168.1.2 and I can watch programs, I can also use my ipad remote app to navigate the box. But when I try to access files on my VU-DUO using Filezilla and similar apps I do not connect. I have used all the possible passwords I know but still have a problem. This has happened previously and then seemed to sort itself out. Could it be a win10 upgrade that has caused this. Any help greatfully received, thanks.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    There has been reports of errors using samba aswell. Can you goto network menu and see if FTP is still running?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    There has been reports of errors using samba aswell. Can you goto network menu and see if FTP is still running?
    Thank, It had stoped running.
    Much appreciated
    Ted

Title
    Thanks
    I just bought my VU+ Uno today from World-Of-Satellite, asked for OpenATV image and I cant connect to ftp either... I'm using root as user and nothing as the password, ive tried root and password too. Also when I use a program to check all the ips in my network its not showing the box ip ending 0.109 for some reason?

Ive just checked and FTP on the box says running. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Rosseh; 29-12-17 at 16:14.

Title
    Thanks
    I always use username root password dreambox ... Use putty to telnet see if you can log in .... Best thing I found app called fing on iPhone and android, tells you whats connected to local network pickups all local network ID

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosseh View Post
    I just bought my VU+ Uno today from World-Of-Satellite, asked for OpenATV image and I cant connect to ftp either... I'm using root as user and nothing as the password, ive tried root and password too. Also when I use a program to check all the ips in my network its not showing the box ip ending 0.109 for some reason?

Ive just checked and FTP on the box says running. Any ideas?
    See post #6 in the following link
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...ight=Filezilla
    Last edited by adm; 30-12-17 at 11:28.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)