Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: IPTV consistently freezing - comes back if channel changed

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IPTV consistently freezing - comes back if channel changed

Title
    Thanks

IPTV consistently freezing - comes back if channel changed

When I'm watching IPTV channels I've noticed the picture will freeze after about 30 to 60 minutes. The channel being watched freezes and doesn't come back unless I change channel and back again. The stream will then work flawlessly again for a similar period of time. The box itself doesn't seem to crash and there are no crash logs present. The fact that the stream is still there and works right away when I flick channels leads me to believe this could be a bug rather than loss of network connectivity. My IPTV service uses the Vivid plugin and I've experienced this issue on both Vix images V5.0.0.25 and .26. The upgrade to v5.25 was a clean flash. Any ideas?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Change all your IPTV channels from stream type (4097) which by default is set to IPTV and change to DVB. You will need to use a program called E-Channelizer on your computer (Windows).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Andy, curious to know what the thinking is behind changing the stream type to DVB?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RogerTheTodger For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (25-09-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerTheTodger View Post
    Thanks Andy, curious to know what the thinking is behind changing the stream type to DVB?
    Stops the freezing and any audio sync issues.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

Title
    Thanks
    Gave E-Channelizer a whirl and turns out all my streams are already set to DVB. Must be something else going on.

Title
    Thanks
    Still experiencing this I've tried different images, routers, settings and nothing will shift it. The box is wired ethernet to 39Mbps fibre and the Internet otherwise works fine when it happens, speed test good. I doubt it's the provider because the stream is still there if you zap channels. And my box has plenty of cache, not running slow or anything. It's as though it briefly loses the stream, but can't automatically reconnect again for some reason. Anyone else seen this?

Title
    Thanks
    Still experiencing this I've tried different images, routers, settings and nothing will shift it. The box is wired ethernet to 39Mbps fibre and the Internet otherwise works fine when it happens, speed test good. I doubt it's the provider because the stream is still there if you zap channels. And my box has plenty of cache, not running slow or anything. It's as though it briefly loses the stream, but can't automatically reconnect again for some reason. Anyone else seen this?
    Sounds like a poor supplier to me.

Title
    Thanks
    Seems to be a common problem. Several friends suffer from the same thing with different STBs and different suppliers. Nothing wrong with the supplier and I have a 10Mbit connection over fibre (can't get any faster here yet). The speed is constant. Checking with the router (Linksys WRT 1900 ACS), the IPTV stream is using approx 1Mbit/s - a bit more for HD. The streams are set to DVB.
    One thing that may throw a light on the problem is that whilst watching IPTV channels, if I disconnect the OS Mini box from the internet, the program carries on for approx. 20 seconds before freezing. This suggests a buffering problem in the STB, but no idea how to fix this or why it's happening.
    Another clue is that when the box freezes and I change channel and back, it often restarts approx 2 seconds before the freeze event.

Any assistance would be most welcome.

Thanks,

John.

Title
    Thanks
    you could try using the cacheflush plugin, available in the feeds.
    it does sound like a saturated server problem though.
    and 10mbs is quite slow for iptv streaming, especially HD streams.
    try using a different device/s if the problem is replicated it will point to, or rule out server/network issues.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    What never fails to amaze me, is the „my source is perfect or I haven‘t changed anything and it works on my other/friends box“ - its never that simple.
    These are sat receivers, not IPTV based receivers. It may only be a glitch in the send from your „perfect“ supplier or even in a glitch on the internet or your local broadband supplier legally blocking your stream ... but if their is a delay then the E2 code just may not be able to re-sync.
    Which is why restarting the stream is OK.
    Saturated server? .... these receivers handle quite happily playing local video files with higher rate streams.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Kind of agree these "suppliers" are criminals at the end of the day and don't have the bandwidth of legitimate companies. I've commented in the past how it seems ok to talk about Iptv yet cardsharing talk was always no go in the past, how times have changed.

Title
    Thanks
    Use a VPN !!!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbletts View Post
    Kind of agree these "suppliers" are criminals at the end of the day and don't have the bandwidth of legitimate companies. I've commented in the past how it seems ok to talk about Iptv yet cardsharing talk was always no go in the past, how times have changed.
    It will only be a matter of time before its introduced into the forum rules.

Title
    Thanks
    I've been playing with the serviceapp plugin, as exteplayer3 is supposedly better for IPTV playback. Although exteplayer3 didn't solve the issue in my case, I did come across this interesting discussion on another forum. Somebody has posted code that supposedly fixes the freezing issue, something to do with a stalled InfoBarStateInfos. The patch is located here.. I believe this applies to OpenDreambox images, but I'd imagine the code would be similar for OpenVix since they are both for Enigma2 boxes? Can anybody confirm?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I've been playing with the serviceapp plugin, as exteplayer3 is supposedly better for IPTV playback. Although exteplayer3 didn't solve the issue in my case, I did come across this interesting discussion on another forum. Somebody has posted code that supposedly fixes the freezing issue, something to do with a stalled InfoBarStateInfos. The patch is located here.. I believe this applies to OpenDreambox images, but I'd imagine the code would be similar for OpenVix since they are both for Enigma2 boxes? Can anybody confirm?
    Please try another image the Vix image is not compatible with your supplier, use Wooshbuild or iPab if you go to your Band/Admin they will tell you the same don’t waste your time trying to get Vix image to run smooth with iptv as it was designed for satellite.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast