Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nordvpn-openvpn-enigma2

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
    Am I missing something ???
    This is a support forum, keeping it to yourself and pm'ing to other members is not what a support forum is about, I can't believe no one pulls you up on it
    No secret
    For those struggling to set up openvpn on their VU+ box, this guide may be useful.
    1. Go to the client support pages of NordVPN site and download the OpenVPN Configuration Files (Default)
    2. From the zip file we need any ovpn file
    3. Edit the name of the ovpn file to client.conf.
    4. Open the client.conf and modify the line "auth-user-pass" so it reads "auth-user-pass password.conf" (without the quotes)
    5. Create a password.conf file
    6. Add the info to the password.conf file so the username and password are on separate lines.
    7. Place all 2 files (client.conf, password.conf) into the openvpn folder on your box (etc/openvpn)
    8. Reboot your vu+
    9. Start the service from the settings - network - openvpn
    10. ssh to your vu+ and check the ip with this command wget -qO- http://ipecho.net/plain;echo
    This should do the trick.

read #2 we thought we were the only 2, I was gutted i had gone with Nord (im happy now) because everyone was with vanish or pia vpn
    that wouldnt post a .conf file.
    i spent about 40hrs on this between STELLA'S over the last couple of days and wasn't 100% it was there the above guide wasn't mine to post.

LOL forgive my punctuation been having a stella celebrating

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to v8rick For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Ashley69 (30-08-17),bassethound (27-08-17),Clabs (29-08-17),daba (27-10-19),danielf1977 (27-08-17),dcGT (10-11-17),Donnie (27-08-17),kryton (25-09-18),leemoo (31-10-17),Mickgleeds (10-10-17),nooni (04-09-17),refedit (28-02-18)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    Got Pia OpenVpn working on my old Vu+Ultimo and Octagon Sf4008 going to give NordVpn a go soon
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

john doe (22-10-17)

Title
    V.I.P Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by v8rick View Post
    No secret
    For those struggling to set up openvpn on their VU+ box, this guide may be useful.
    1. Go to the client support pages of NordVPN site and download the OpenVPN Configuration Files (Default)
    4. Open the client.conf and modify the line "auth-user-pass" so it reads "auth-user-pass password.conf" (without the quotes)
    6. Add the info to the password.conf file so the username and password are on separate lines.
    7. Place all 2 files (client.conf, password.conf) into the openvpn folder on your box (etc/openvpn)
    8. Reboot your vu+
    10. ssh to your vu+ and check the ip with this command wget -qO- http://ipecho.net/plain;echo

read #2 we thought we were the only 2, I was gutted i had gone with Nord (im happy now) because everyone was with vanish or pia vpn
    i spent about 40hrs on this between STELLA'S over the last couple of days and wasn't 100% it was there the above guide wasn't mine to post.

Great post and as I was looking for a change I went with NordVPN although I put it on my router.
    It's always a benefit for the community when you share.
    Vu Duo 4K - Vu + Solo4K - Vu + Uno4K - Vu+Uno - Vu+Ultimo4K - Vu+ Zero - Vu+Solo-SE (In Black Evo ) - PrismCube

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Donnie For This Useful Post:

Clabs (29-08-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Am I missing something ???
    This is a support forum, keeping it to yourself and pm'ing to other members is not what a support forum is about, I can't believe no one pulls you up on it
    The reason I've not put on here is because I can't get it to work.
    V8rick has it working and has been helping me to try to get mine working, with no luck.
    It looks like mine isn't working because of my virgin router.
    I told him I would update this thread when I got it working, I haven't so..
    we pm'd each other because there was only us 2 with the problem, we then figured it out between us.
    As for "no one pulls you up on it", if it wasn't for us pm'ing each other we wouldn't having a working guide now, the only guide on all of the internet I might add. I know I've looked.
    I don't see the problem?

Title
    V.I.P Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
    The reason I've not put on here is because I can't get it to work.
    V8rick has it working and has been helping me to try to get mine working, with no luck.
    It looks like mine isn't working because of my virgin router.
    I told him I would update this thread when I got it working, I haven't so..
    we pm'd each other because there was only us 2 with the problem, we then figured it out between us.
    As for "no one pulls you up on it", if it wasn't for us pm'ing each other we wouldn't having a working guide now, the only guide on all of the internet I might add. I know I've looked.
    I don't see the problem?
    The problem is it is a support forum and between you, you made progress, the reason you can't find any info is because like minded people don't or wont share.

I have owned forums and I am still admin on many and over the 20 years I have been doing this it drives me made the way attitudes towards helping others has changed.

If I did not share what I know with others I can assure you the sat scene would be very different.
    Vu Duo 4K - Vu + Solo4K - Vu + Uno4K - Vu+Uno - Vu+Ultimo4K - Vu+ Zero - Vu+Solo-SE (In Black Evo ) - PrismCube

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Donnie For This Useful Post:

roy0110 (30-08-17)

Title
    Thanks
    The problem is it is a support forum and between you, you made progress, the reason you can't find any info is because like minded people don't or wont share.

I have owned forums and I am still admin on many and over the 20 years I have been doing this it drives me made the way attitudes towards helping others has changed.

If I did not share what I know with others I can assure you the sat scene would be very different.
    I get that, but you also don't need every detail of us trying to figure out how to get it working across the forum.
    It was only a couple of days and the only 2 people that needed that information straight away was us 2, so I didn't see the urgency to put it on the forum instantly.
    It's on here now so doesn't really matter either way, working and no one is more happy than me.....and maybe v8rick
    Last edited by Northern Monkey; 30-08-17 at 21:02.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Northern Monkey For This Useful Post:

Donnie (30-08-17)

Title
    V.I.P Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
    I get that, but you also don't need every detail of us trying to figure out how to get it working across the forum.
    It was only a couple of days and the only 2 people that needed that information was us 2, so I didn't see the urgency to put it on the forum instantly.
    It's on here now so doesn't really matter either way, working and no one is more happy than me.....and maybe v8rick
    And me now

Title
    Thanks
    And me now
    And a lot of Nordvpn customers no doubt
    Nordvpn helped a lot, they should be applauded for their great customer services.
    They sent me quite a lot of emails with different settings to try.
    The real thanks go to Nordvpn...from me anyway

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Northern Monkey For This Useful Post:

Donnie (30-08-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    me three

Title
    Thanks
    Hi guys, could one of you post your config file please? Guessing there shouldn't be any personal info in the file as its a config file for Nord and your username and password are in the other password.conf file.

Thanks
    Lee

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leemoo View Post
    Hi guys, could one of you post your config file please? Guessing there shouldn't be any personal info in the file as its a config file for Nord and your username and password are in the other password.conf file.

Thanks
    Lee
    which nord ovpn file do do you want uk, de, us ect

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    in gerneral this is what you want. Ca file and key file are built into .conf with nord, they aren't shown as diffferent for each ovpn file.
    xxx are wher ip add for ovpn goes

# _ _ ___ ______ _ _
    # | \ | | ___ _ __ __| \ \ / / _ \| \ | |
    # | \| |/ _ \| '__/ _` |\ \ / /| |_) | \| |
    # | |\ | (_) | | | (_| | \ V / | __/| |\ |
    # |_| \_|\___/|_| \__,_| \_/ |_| |_| \_|
    #

client
    dev tun
    proto tcp
    remote xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. 443
    resolv-retry infinite
    remote-random
    nobind
    tun-mtu 1500
    tun-mtu-extra 32
    mssfix 1450
    persist-key
    persist-tun
    ping 15
    ping-restart 0
    ping-timer-rem
    reneg-sec 0

remote-cert-tls server

#mute 10000
    auth-user-pass password.conf

comp-lzo
    verb 3
    pull
    fast-io
    cipher AES-256-CBC
    Last edited by v8rick; 04-09-17 at 11:03. Reason: replaceing ip with xxx

19. The Following User Says Thank You to v8rick For This Useful Post:

Donnie (05-09-17)

Title
    Thanks
    https://nordvpn.com/api/files/zip
    Just add "password.conf" to the one you want as above.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Northern Monkey For This Useful Post:

Donnie (05-09-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by v8rick View Post
    No secret
    8. Reboot your vu+

Hi guys

Been trying all night to set this up on my vu duo I have NordVpn.

Have followed the instructions above and no luck.

Double checked the file names and that there are no errors.

my username on nord is my email address.
    username and password go after all the text on separate lines?

is there any other files you need to put on the box?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    works here.
    are you using notepad++ to edit file and make your password.conf.
    if you add "log /etc/openvpn/openvpn.log" in line 40 it will save a log then you can see whats happening.
    if you add " auth-retry nointeract" line 32 under"auth-user-pass password.conf" this makes it a bit more stable
    All without " " marks

24. The Following User Says Thank You to v8rick For This Useful Post:

leemoo (31-10-17)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast