Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Help please with finding a Sat

Title
    Thanks

Help please with finding a Sat

Hi, Ive got a TM with a motorised 1 mtr dish. I get most of the sats I want but it must be very slightly out of alignment as I cant quite get 52e
    although I used to get it ok. So, when I go 'Menu' then 'Motorised' and 'Move', I nudge it very slightly east i get a really good signal which is indicated
    at the top of the on the top of the screen. question how can I hold this particular setting.

Any help greatly apprec.

By the way I have a TM F3/5 but I couldnt see a particular heading for this receiver, mods are most welcome to move this if I got it wrong, cheers.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,917 Times in 3,254 Posts
    If you receiver is configured as USALS you can't save individual satellites. Proper fix is to align the dish... or, if it is just a little bit out, you could just fudge the longitude setting.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Huevos, yes thats what I mean, fudge the longitude setting, as you call it but can you explain how I do it please.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,142 Times in 6,220 Posts
    If you need to move the dish east, you pretend you are more west. As and example 0.26W becomes 0.46W
    If you need to move the dish west, you pretend you are more east. As and example 0.26W becomes 0.06W

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

beeza (14-08-17),Huevos (14-08-17)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks

Re dish movement

Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    If you need to move the dish east, you pretend you are more west. As and example 0.26W becomes 0.46W
    If you need to move the dish west, you pretend you are more east. As and example 0.26W becomes 0.06W
    Depending on how much you use this bird to view you can always note the working channel, go to and use sat finder to nudge your dish towards the bird reading the signal strength
    once you pulled the full signal possible simply exit sat finder programme to the channel.