Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Iptv

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    IPTV isn't perfect. I personally would just treat it as Live TV & nothing more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well after more extensive testing on this box here's an update. I can say for sure setting the stream type to gstreamer (4097) is the issue with the box going to a black screen and having to do a full reboot. If I change the stream type to DVB it actually works pretty well for about 10 - 15 minutes. Then the channel will freeze and I will need to channel up or down or change channel to get it to recover. I have a MB premium twin on the same network and same provider i actually used the same account on both boxes (when i say used the same account on both boxes I mean at different times to rule out a provider issue). The premium twin works fine no issues. The micro hd freezes like i said and has to channel change to recover. Really frustrating as there is still over 50% memory available and 100mb of flash storage available. This is on the Vix night default skin ( have tried other skins same problem ). In my opinion there is a fault with a component within the box. Especially giving that I have spoken to another user of a Micro HD Hybrid who can run 1080p stream content without an issue.
    Last edited by scottmcmullan8; 18-08-17 at 08:30.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    It could also be an IPTV provider issue. You need to try various streams out to rule out your box being the issue.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    It could also be an IPTV provider issue. You need to try various streams out to rule out your box being the issue.

Though the provider and same account works fine on my MB Premium Twin which I have in my main room so I know for fact it isn't a provider issue. However to double check this I will try another provider tonight but I know it will be the same outcome.

Title
    Thanks
    Are you watching the IPTV streams at the same on both boxes? Have you a multiroom a/c?

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

Title
    Thanks
    Are you watching the IPTV streams at the same on both boxes? Have you a multiroom a/c?

No disconnected one box and set up the other just as test. I do have two separate accounts also but I wanted to rule out an account issue so tried my known working account. Both have the same issues unfortunately. It seems to freeze after a while of streaming the content like it will first start to pixelate then go completely. It's as if the box doesn't have enough resources and chokes but as we have mentioned before same as the Vu Zero and I know of another user who has no issue with this same box i have on exact same service.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    My dad just tested various FHD streams on his miraclebox and all good for over half an hour and then switching back to cable tv...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangord30 View Post
    My dad just tested various FHD streams on his miraclebox and all good for over half an hour and then switching back to cable tv...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for confirming this bangord - so the box in question is capable of doing this. If this one keeps freezing after 10 minutes it is clearly a fault with the box. I am going to test out using 3 different sources tonight. Will report findings.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to scottmcmullan8 For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (18-08-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Another update: Give up on the IPTV and just started streaming from plugins within Vix feeds (Youtube and IPTV player). Trying to watch a few HD streams on it even in 720p the stream just locks up after 5-10minutes then doesn't continue. This is not an internet issue I have two other boxes on the same network which streaming works fine on. I am not using them all at the same time either. Any recommendations on what to do with this box?

Title
    Thanks
    How is the box when viewing Sky or FreeSat or Cable (depending on your setup)?

Title
    Thanks
    It does seem to be fine I tested for 45 minutes or so through the tuner. I guess it is using different hardware though to broadcast through the tuner as opposed to streaming. I mean I could understand it if all these boxes were the same but bangord has confirmed above he has the same box and has had no issues streaming content using the same plugins as myself. To be honest I am impressed with every aspect of this box aside from this issue but it is a pretty big requirement to be able to stream content to it. I have seen mates with zgemmas (would never touch these myself) with a worse spec than this box and no trouble streaming content. Again it isn't actually that the box isn't capable of streaming the content it just seems give up after 5-10-20 minutes and it does not recover until channel change or stopping and starting the source.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123