Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Iptv

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    The box in question, reflash with the latest image and just run IPTV on it & see how it fares. No plugins, no skins etc, just use the basics. Also are you using a plugin to access the IPTV or have you created your own Bouquets from your m3u file?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Yeah I am using it in bouquets. Have also reflashed. The box works fine and the streams work fine. Then all of a sudden the channel goes black and even a restart of gui doesn't bring it back up. Full restart of box is required to get it to start streaming again .

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by scottmcmullan8; 15-08-17 at 08:52.

Title
    Thanks
    Got to be your network causing the issue.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Got to be your network causing the issue.

I have tested on my home network which runs my other box fine and now tested in work which has 100mps . The steam runs fine for about ten minutes then black screen and never recovers until full restart. Gui restart still does not recover. I'm wondering if this box has a fault. Tried openvix openatv and openmb images all the same

Title
    Thanks
    Yeah so did a few tests. Different images same results. Different networks same results. Works a treat on sd and hd (720) streams but switch to full hd (1080) and after 5 minutes streaming perfectly freezes and doesn't recover. Something not right here with this box should be capable of streaming 1080 content says so in the description otherwise would of got a different one.

Title
    Thanks
    This happens when my stream type is set to 4097 (IPTV). I have to change my stream type from IPTV to DVB. IPTV is never gonna be perfect, its finding a nice balance & I'm struggling with this.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (15-08-17)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scottmcmullan8 View Post
    Yeah so did a few tests. Different images same results. Different networks same results. Works a treat on sd and hd (720) streams but switch to full hd (1080) and after 5 minutes streaming perfectly freezes and doesn't recover. Something not right here with this box should be capable of streaming 1080 content says so in the description otherwise would of got a different one.

Its not in the description that the box can stream 1080p content. It can display it which is a totally different matter (from satellite/usb/hdd etc). The receiver does not have gigabit lan which may be a limiting factor.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    Its not in the description that the box can stream 1080p content. It can display it which is a totally different matter (from satellite/usb/hdd etc). The receiver does not have gigabit lan which may be a limiting factor.
    Fair enough it doesn't actually say it can stream 1080 content however if it can't it shouldn't be sold as most people use YouTube, Netflix etc all of which make use 1080p streaming . Btw i don't believe for a second that the box isn't capable of this I have a much worse spec box in my kitchen which streams 1080 perfectly.

It doesn't need a gigabit lan to stream I doubt anyone really gets over 100mb download speed and this isn't streaming over my network it's coming in externally.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Its a satellite receiver
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    Its a satellite receiver
    It's a dvbc cable / terrestrial hybrid . Obviously that's it's main purpose but as most boxes these days including the ones provided by major broadcast companies it is not just a stand alone receiver and comes with capability to stream.

Title
    Thanks
    Not sure then. I've not had issues setting various boxes up for family & friends. As long as your just treat it for Live TV & not for relying 100% on recordings it will be fine.

Andy - when you say you have not had issues setting up various boxes for friends and family, is this including the box in question (MB Premium Micro HD) ?

Title
    Thanks
    I have done a MB Premium Twin. Other boxes include Vu+ Zero, Vu+ Uno, Vu+ Duo, Xtrend ET9000, Xtrend ET8500 etc to name a few. I would say the MB Premium Micro HD would be similar to the Vu+ Zero.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

scottmcmullan8 (16-08-17)

Title
    Thanks
    I have done a MB Premium Twin. Other boxes include Vu+ Zero, Vu+ Uno, Vu+ Duo, Xtrend ET9000, Xtrend ET8500 etc to name a few. I would say the MB Premium Micro HD would be similar to the Vu+ Zero.

I would imagine so I mean the spec is virtually identical both 256mb internal flash, 512mb ram and (2000 Mips) BCM7362 processor. The zero runs it fine yet this box completely dies. An update though it is far worse on a channel change. So actually selecting a channel from channel list or up or down arrowing to another channel the box will just freeze. If I actually restart the box on the channel i want to watch and just leave it the FHD channel will play with no issues for over an hour (this was the length of time i tested). Then i changed the channel and straight away black screen box frozen reboot required.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi all, when i have my IPTV stream type set to DVB, the picture is fine and sync is good, but as soon as i try record 1 channel and watch a different 1, both channels basically get mashed together and is unwatchable. I have a multiroom IPTV sub on my VU+ Duo2 with openvix... When i have them set to IPTV type streams i can record 1 and watch another channel with no picture or sound issues....however, my recordings dont seem to record full programs. Some stop after 10 mins, others after 2 mins and others ofter a few seconds! Has me drove crazy!!!

Anybody else experienced this issue???

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Davec23 View Post
    Hi all, when i have my IPTV stream type set to DVB, the picture is fine and sync is good, but as soon as i try record 1 channel and watch a different 1, both channels basically get mashed together and is unwatchable. I have a multiroom IPTV sub on my VU+ Duo2 with openvix... When i have them set to IPTV type streams i can record 1 and watch another channel with no picture or sound issues....however, my recordings dont seem to record full programs. Some stop after 10 mins, others after 2 mins and others ofter a few seconds! Has me drove crazy!!!

Anybody else experienced this issue???
    IPTV isn't perfect. I personally would just treat it as Live TV & nothing more.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast