Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: IPTV on Solo 4k

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

IPTV on Solo 4k

As above - ive been doing some experimenting with my lg oled tv and got it working on there (found a provider). While the LG works and works great i cant record on it but, id rather use the 4k solo to do the job (keeping all the sources in one place as it were) and, im assuming that i may be able to record???

Anyway - i found a tool to convert the m3u into an xml file and import on to the 4k (it went into the bouquets) but - i dont get anything....is there something im missing or is it just literally the m3u list import and then it works?? or is there an iptv plugin of some sort that must be running in the background?

Cheers to anyone that has a crack at it!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Best using E-Channelizer and importing the m3u and tinkering about creating Bouquets etc & linking your epg to each Stream etc. Not a 2 min job unfortunately if you want to do a proper job of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ah - well i did try the e channelizer thing a few days ago - i couldnt get it working but for what reason i cant remember (as ive been messing around with loads of different apps) ill have to revisit tonight....dont mind how long it takes but it'd be nice to get it working....

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I may come back here (to this thread for a bit of help) - might have another crack at it tonight....

Title
    Thanks
    better to convert the .m3u file to bouquets.

then add the converted txt to userbouquets.favourites.tv in /etc/enigma2/

just google convert m3u to enigma2 and go to the first site. then copy and paste the text in the .m3u file into the box and click convert. then copy and paste the resulting text to userbouquets.favourites.tv in /etc/enigma2/.

then restart your box.

P.s take a backup image of your box before you do it.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    tbh, it's best off using the suls e2m3u2bouquet python file...

This will keep all channels up to date. And then you can edit the tvg-id to allow import of epg from rytec. You can also hide bouquets you don't want, sort the order of files etc... Only thing I'm not sure about is whether you can move channels from one category in the m3u list to another (in terms of the bouquets)...
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish