Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: converting from solo2 to solo 4k

Title
    Thanks

converting from solo2 to solo 4k

hi guys,

i am currently running a solo2 with a Vu+ USB turbo cable tuner.
    s-tuner #1 - fixed sky 28E
    s-tuner #2 - std USALS motor to dual LNB
    Vu+ USB turbo - obviously cable

I already have Vu+SE v2 in another room which uses a single "cable" cable tuner to allow me to watch one channel and record on the other. The USB Turbo cable tuner doesn't allow this, hence why I want to change to the Solo 4K.

If i purchase one of these, can I just swap the cables like 4 like?
    a) will the 4K additional C-tuner slot allow both watching/ recording on the single cable connection, like the Vu+ Se v2's
    b) are there any config issues with using a std USALS, LNB and normal cable into the S-tuners? i..e do i need to switch to the unicable options? If yes, is this expensive?, do i need to completely replace the cable & LNB?
    c) OSCAM running fine already so no issue with moving this across for compatibility.

rite-on in advance
    Tagteam

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tagteam3283 View Post
    If i purchase one of these, can I just swap the cables like 4 like?
    yes
    a) will the 4K additional C-tuner slot allow both watching/ recording on the single cable connection, like the Vu+ Se v2's
    Better to get a twin tuner card.

b) are there any config issues with using a std USALS, LNB and normal cable into the S-tuners? i..e do i need to switch to the unicable options? If yes, is this expensive?, do i need to completely replace the cable & LNB?
    Tuner configuration is telling the receiver what is connected to the tuners. If it is the same devices as you had on the solo2, you set it up exactly the same.

You do not have to get a unicable LNB, but it does give more options. If you do, no need to replace cables, just LNB and splitters

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (19-07-17),tagteam3283 (22-07-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Abu,

Problem with the twin tuner is that I only have a single "cable" cable. The Vu+ SE v2 allows me to watch one channel and record on another. like it's got a built in as per your post #2 here: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...-not-convinced. Does the Solo 4K have the same splitter?

Can someone post me a link to a compatible LNB to replace the existing setup please? I don't have a splitter on the sat side. Preferably from the sponsor.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Don't mix up comments about the tuner with the receiver.

Let me rephrase,
    The Vu-Plus tuner card/module, model TT3L10, is a twin tuner card. It has one connection for the DVB-C signal wire, there is an internal splitter. It functions the same whichever compatible receiver it is added to.

There are FBC DVB-C tuners, but those are currently only available on the Ultimo4K. The Uno4k is no use to you.

The sponsor does not sell unicable LNBs. A few of us have the IDLU-32UL40-UNBOO-OPP. There are other LNBs out there, make sure you get unicable 2 version. Best to buy a splitter with the LNB if you intend to connect other receivers.

Title
    Thanks
    thanks Abo, i only intend to use this one rcvr on sat+cable now - 1 Sat is 28E static the other on motor, so I don't need the new FBC LNB's. My other rcvrs are all on cable so no need to split.

Sounds like to me that I just need a Solo 4K or a Duo2 with Dual S + 1 Dual C [but I will only need to use one] - im not too fussed about 4K as I use an AFVT v2 in 4K for movies/ TV series.
    Last edited by tagteam3283; 22-07-17 at 16:46.