Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Kodi for Vu+ Ultimo

Title
    Thanks

Kodi for Vu+ Ultimo

Hi Guys I have spent an interesting 2 hours reviewing the various threads on Kodi for Vu+ STB's, however I cannot find specific answers for my long in the tooth Ultimo. I have looked in the Plugin feeds for Kodi (including VuKodi) but cannot find it in extensions. I wondered if I had an uninstall residue from when I installed & uninstalled Kodi last year so I have done a USB install of image 50.0.020 without using the saved Plugins. (I realise some of the Plugins are included in the image) I still cannot see Kodi in the plugins, what am I doing wrong? My setup is shown in my signature. Apologies if I missed the correct post. Regards Frankblueking
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]Vu+ Ultimo - 1.1m Techomate 2600 motorised dish & a fixed Sky dish - 3.9.6 Kernal - Drivers 24/11/2015 - Image Was openvix-5.0.020 - CCCam 2.3 - 1TB Hard drive - Connected to Network using ethernet cable - Skin Vix-Night HD

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Kodi not available for the ageing Vu+ Ultimo. Kodi is available for; Duo 2, Solo SE, Solo 2, Solo 4K, Uno 4K & Ultimo 4K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Kodi is not available for the older boxes such as the solo/uno/ultimo/duo etc. The hardware does not support it.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Disappointing but understandable. Is there older software I can use to access the same system. (Apols for the vagueness but not sure where the boundaries are!!) If there is no solution, other than spending money I don't have, it looks as if I may be relegated to the discard bin!! CS is dead for the time being at least so nowhere to go. Not intended to be a complaint just recognition of the facts!! Frank
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]Vu+ Ultimo - 1.1m Techomate 2600 motorised dish & a fixed Sky dish - 3.9.6 Kernal - Drivers 24/11/2015 - Image Was openvix-5.0.020 - CCCam 2.3 - 1TB Hard drive - Connected to Network using ethernet cable - Skin Vix-Night HD

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frankblueking View Post
    Disappointing but understandable. Is there older software I can use to access the same system. (Apols for the vagueness but not sure where the boundaries are!!) If there is no solution, other than spending money I don't have, it looks as if I may be relegated to the discard bin!! CS is dead for the time being at least so nowhere to go. Not intended to be a complaint just recognition of the facts!! Frank
    Don't discuss anything related to c/s please. Refresh yourself with the forum rules.
    No software will give you Kodi for your receiver.
    Do yourself a favour n buy ones of these for Kodi;
    https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...layer-streamer
    https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...s/wetek-play-2
    I have the Venz V10 Pro running LibreELEC and its mega.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Apols Andy as no intention to discuss sensitive areas. I will look at the options to "upgrade" but not optimistic at the moment. I am looking at IPTV but so far unable to get it to work. I hope that isn't also a no go topic!! Frank