Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: [HOW-TO] CCTV on Enigma 2

Title
    Thanks

[HOW-TO] CCTV on Enigma 2

I got a IP camera model dahua PC-HDW4431C-A but should work with any camera that supports RTSP.

Here is a guide how to add the feed to an Enigma2 device. I will be adding the stream to the Favourites Bouquets, but you can add it to whatever bouquet you want.

1. first of all find the RTSP port that your IP camera uses. On Dahua cameras go to network connection.
    RTSP port.jpg
    The RTSP port my camera uses is 554.

2. test the RTSP stream. Open VLC player. Media>Open Network Stream...
    enter the line below replacing username, password, ipcameraIP and RTSP-port with your own..

Code:
    rtsp://username:password@cameraIP:RTSP-PORT/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1
    here is my line

Code:
    rtsp://admin:cctvpassword@192.168.0.10:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1
    now if the stream doesnt work go back and confirm you entered everything correctly and try another stream. i was unable to get the main stream0 to work. i could only get the secondary stream to work.

URL Syntax

rtsp://:/cam/realmonitor?channel=&subtype=

: a valid user?s username.
    :user?s password. (Cannot contain #)
    :the IP address of the IP Camera.
    :the default port is 554. It can be omitted.
    :the channel number. It starts from 1.
    :the stream type. The of main stream is 0, extra stream 1 is 1, extra stream 2 is 2.

if you can view the live stream then continue to the next step.

3.NOTE: I will be adding the stream to the Favourites Bouquets, but you can add it to whatever bouquet you want.

ftp into your enigma2 device and go to /etc/enigma2. find and open the file
    Code:

userbouquet.favourites.tv

4. Now add your camera's RTSP stream like below to the "userbouquet.favourites.tv" file, again replacing username, password, ipcameraIP and RTSP-port with your own.. This time you also have to replace any colon “:” in the RTSP link you used in VLC player with %3a

Heres an example

#SERVICE 4097:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:rtsp%3a//username%3apassword@cameraIP%3aRTSP-PORT/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1
    #DESCRIPTION IPCAM

My link:

Code:
    #SERVICE 4097:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:rtsp%3a//admin%3apassword@192.168.0.10%3a554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1
    #DESCRIPTION Secondary IPCAM
    5. Reboot enigma on your device.
    You can do this via CLI with the command below or via the GUI
    Code:

killall -9 enigma2

6. Watch the live feed.
    grab.jpg
    Please note you will not be able to record, Pan, tilt or zoom and i am only able to get the secondary stream working. I cannot get the main HD stream with audio working. If I do I will add to the guide.
    Last edited by Alankellyeire; 28-06-17 at 19:19.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Alankellyeire For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (29-06-17),Bangord30 (29-06-17),bassethound (28-06-17),cwebb66 (02-07-17),dubrov (02-10-20),Sicilian (28-06-17)

Title
    Thanks
    HI, I have this feed all sorted but when AutoBoquets maker comes alongs and does it's thing, the feed disappears. Any help would be deeply appreciated. Thanx guys.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by amarjit_dhillon View Post
    HI, I have this feed all sorted but when AutoBoquets maker comes alongs and does it's thing, the feed disappears. Any help would be deeply appreciated. Thanx guys.
    Did you find a way to work around this?

Title
    Thanks
    Belated thanks for the guide.

Just to add, each CCTV manufacturer has their own RTSP URL format.
    I have a Sannce CCTV kit with I51DC cameras.
    The RTSP url was of the format
    rtsp://192.168.0.11:554/user=myusername&mypassword=mypassword&channel=1&st ream=0.sdp?real_stream--rtp-caching=100

Frustratingly any other url format starting with "rtsp://192.168.0.11:554" always resulted in the feed defaulting to the channel1

Also, the text in the bouquet file needs to be encoded using html so the above became:
    #NAME CCTV (TV)
    #SERVICE 4097:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:rtsp%3A%2F%2F192.168.0.11%3 A554%2Fuser%3Dmyusername%26password%3Dmypassword%2 6channel%3D1%26stream%3D0.sdp%3Freal_stream--rtp-caching%3D100
    #DESCRIPTION Driveway

I thought I would post it to save others the hassle of working it out.
    Last edited by Huevos; 03-10-20 at 07:32. Reason: Remove PW at user's request