Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Juddering gigablue hd quad plus or new samsung 4k tv

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Juddering gigablue hd quad plus or new samsung 4k tv

Hi all,

Thanks in advance for Taking the time to read this and hopefully be able to help.

I have had the hd quad plus box, never had any bother with it connected to my samsung hd av reciever to my samsung plasma tv. Decided to be clever and get a UE55KU6000 samsung 4k tv.

Problems straight away watching sports/fast moving content through gigablue box is constant juddering. T.v works fine on usb input and Xbox one going through a.c. receiver so could it just be that the t.v is struggling upscaling the gigablue hd box cos it's 4k? So quality difference is noticeable compared to my plasma that I never had any problems with?

Just before I return my t.v would like a little advice on box if possible.

I've also seen gigablue are bringing out a 4k box very soon so would it be advisable to purchase this and keep t.v?

I'm also away I will need a 4k a.v. receiver, wish I'd never started this 4k carry in now haha

Thanks in advance

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi. I have A Quad connected to a KS8000 Samsung 4K with no issues at all. My Quad is fixed at 50hz in AV settings.
    On the TV I use no "Special Viewing Mode" and "Auto motion plus" is off. "Digital clean view" is on. Are you using Sat, Cable or streaming?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BubbleBalls For This Useful Post:

watling85 (10-06-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts

Juddering gigablue hd quad plus or new samsung 4k tv

I use "Multi" setting for my refresh rate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

watling85 (10-06-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    On most TV's the best advice is to look at all the picture " special assists" and turn them off. Most are just marketing gimmicks that provide no improvement whatsoever.
    If you look at the settings for a THX certified display, you will find all these gimmicks are turned off.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

7. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

watling85 (10-06-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    I use "Multi" setting for my refresh rate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There have been drivers issue on refresh rates with GB so it's been best to stick with 50.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BubbleBalls For This Useful Post:

watling85 (10-06-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi thanks for reply, i'm using cable but it's the same with Sat. Have changed to 50hz and seems much better Thanks! Not choppy anymore :-D I had it set to multi. Much appreciated for everyones help.

Think I could be cheeky and ask if there's any specific sound settings for the gigablue box to suite my sound set up? Box his through 5.1 surround spund av receiver then that to t.v.

Love this forum, thanks again!!!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have surround also and as in the picture down mixing is disabled. All other tweaks are done through my amp.
    Quote Originally Posted by watling85 View Post
    Hi thanks for reply, i'm using cable but it's the same with Sat. Have changed to 50hz and seems much better Thanks! Not choppy anymore :-D I had it set to multi. Much appreciated for everyones help.

Think I could be cheeky and ask if there's any specific sound settings for the gigablue box to suite my sound set up? Box his through 5.1 surround spund av receiver then that to t.v.

Love this forum, thanks again!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BubbleBalls For This Useful Post:

watling85 (13-06-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi I need some help with the m8s+ display. I have zoom out to 80% but still can't get it back to the way it was I can't lower icons I can't search in play store or other app stores apk .. I've factory reset thinking that might help I'm really lost here I've it was the old m8 it be easy to fix .. but the 5.1 lollipop I think is not much help ..

Any ideas I can't watch movies cause I'm missing about a inch at the top . I tried my tv picture an it's not that I tried HD cable it ant that either . The most be away of fixing this display issue. . Thanks in advance and sorry if this is in the wrong spot ..

Sent from my SM-A500M using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    It was my stupid tv I think ehhhhh deleted my setup 14:9 ????? sorry

Sent from my SM-A500M using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    I think you're posting in the wrong thread - GB Quad doesn't run android
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers