Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where can I get the full software package for my Spiderbox 7000

Title
    Thanks

Where can I get the full software package for my Spiderbox 7000

Last night I took the GIFT software patch for free from a site on the web and installed in on my Spiderbox 7000 from the USB menu option. It appears to have completely replaced the system software instead of adding to it and now I have practically no functionality, no data, no channels and no means of getting them back because I've lost many menu options on the box. I probably need to (re) install the full software package for this box but is there a trusted source for this software out there anywhere? I should then try reinstalling the gift patch but perhaps from different source!

(Correct instructions on how to install software would also be appreciated. I'm very new to this so I could easily have messed something up somewhere myself).
    Thanks - TommyTucker

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    i think you have chosen s/w+all data when you installed the patch,in that way you loose all channels etc.
    you have to scan for channels again and do your preferd settings as it was before.
    also to get your hidden menu back in network you have to press 1111 on remote.

download gift patch,,extract it and put the file on a fat32 formatted usb stick,,place the usb stick in box,,go to usb in menu,,find the file you have on usb stick and press ok on it,,
    then choose s/w update only not all data,,follow instructions that came with the patch if it says you have to do a factory reset after loading patch,,then do that but remember to save your channellist on usb stick first,,in usb menu press green button and save channels.
    hope this helps you.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to chris-k For This Useful Post:

biglad (10-07-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Chris-k
    Thanks for the useful advice but I think my problem is worse than you think. I don't have any channels to save anymore and I am unable to scan for channels again because that option under the menus has disappeared. The only option I now have under Menu/Installation is "Factory Reset", when in fact I should be seeing (according to the manual) 1.Satellite Search, 2.DiSEqC Switch, 3.Motor Setup, 4.Home Streaming and 5.Factory Default. Without these options I can't do anything with the box. By the way, even if I try Factory Reset and I get the usual message "All data will be erased. Do you want to reset?" still nothing happens when I run the reset.

I saw that somebody on this forum left some recovery software, which is what I probably need to run on my box. But his instructions refer to connecting the box to a PC and I don't have a clue how to do this. Can you assist?
    Thanks
    Tommytucker

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Chris-k
    Another question on the same subject. I've just unzipped Gonzo's HD7000 recovery software from this forum and I've followed his instructions for installing it on my spiderbox to try to rectify the above mentioned problem. I'm connecting my PC to the box wth a normal network cable.

Using Gonzo's Exe I've selected the com3 port which appears to be "connected", I've selected his .Bin file, switched on my box and now I'm expected to see the progress bar on my pc move while the upload to my spiderbox takes place. However the progress bar doesn't move and it's still on 0% after one hour.

Am I doing the right thing by connecting my PC to the receiver box with a network cable? I have a flashing orange light on the PC end by my network cable plug so something is happpening but I don't know what. Maybe I should be connecting to the spiderbox with a USB cable? If so I will need to purchase one with USB plug at both ends. Can you advise?

Thanks
    Tommytucker

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    no you should use a null modem cable. for the recovery tool

Title
    Thanks
    Chris. Thanks for the advice. I just bought a null modem (Serial) connection cable from Maplins. However I've now learned that I can't make a connection because on my PC I have a VGA output socket and on the Spiderbox of course there is the Serial input socket. I've scoured the web and it doesn't seem possible to buy a VGA/Serial connection lead. Would you know whether the recovery tool will work with a USB to Serial connection cable because these seem to be widely available?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i use the usb to serial. works just fine

Title
    Thanks
    I've tried a new USB to Serial connection cable which came with a driver that I installed successfully. Tried the recovery software upload routine with it again but still nothing happens. The progess bar is completely lifeless. I'm now beginning to wonder whether the .Exe file and .Bin file that I took from this forum (Gonzo's stuff) is OK. Has anyone else used this recovery tool?

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    only in case theres something wrong with the recovery tool (Gonzo) uploaded.......
    i uploaded a new one the latest recovery tool for both 9000 and 7000 hd ,,use the right one for your model.
    here,,http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...4561#post44561
    please follow instructions thats included.
    regards
    chris-k

11. The Following User Says Thank You to chris-k For This Useful Post:

dragon (21-12-11)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    keep trying to load the recovery tool....could take a few times of trying.
    reboot the box on the switch at back and try again.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chris-k For This Useful Post:

tommytucker (22-01-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Many thanks Chris. I tried downloading this NEW recovery tool and kept trying and trying, rebooting and rebooting but still nothing happens. My progress bar just sits at 0%. I've checked the driver for my USD/serial connection and this is working fine, I'm using the correct Com port and I've chosen the correct .Bin file for my HD7000. Is there anything else I could check?

Is there a way of adapting the format of these files (the .Exe and .Bin) tool so that I can put it all on a memory stick and run the tool onto the Spiderbox that way maybe?

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    ok i upload the older one called ,Fix Tools for SpiderBox HD 7000 and FORCE BOOT.
    try if that one works better.....http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...4631#post44631
    heres instructions how to,

1. Switch off STB
    2. Run downloadin.exe on PC
    3. Select COM port and Press connect button
    4. Press "Choose file" and select the attached spider_rs232.bin
    5. Switch on STB
    6. you will see the progress status on PC
    7. STB will auto-reboot after finishing the downloading.

keep trying dont give up

16. The Following User Says Thank You to chris-k For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (23-01-11)

Title
    Thanks
    I keep trying and trying, rebooting and rebooting but nothing helps. My progress bar is still very dead and it sits at 0% forever. I've tried running it from two laptops now - One with Windows 7, the other with XP without any joy. Is there any way of testing that my Spiderbox (serial) input socket is working because everythings seems fine on the laptop (output) end? Also maybe its possible to to get this software in a different file format to .Bin so I can put it on a memory stik and upload it to my Spiderbox that way. Everything else on the box seems to be working fine and it's only the menu options in the Installation option that I've lost. Of course without these options and no channels I may as well consign my Spiderbox to the scrapheap. Has anybody else out there had the same experience and found a solution?

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    ok you can access the usb menu,,,
    load this patch,http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...iaSat-17-01-11
    unrar/unzip it put it on a usb stick ,and choose s/w only not s/w+all data in usb menu.
    when done that check if menu is ok.
    do you now have more options then factory reset.

Title
    Thanks
    Chris! You are my hero!! This worked. I have all my options again in the "Installation" menu and have just scanned in a few hundred channels. My box seems to be working fine now and I even still have the "secret" menu in the "Network" option from the Gift patch, the installation of which caused all the problems in the first place.
    Many thanks for all you help and patience.
    Tommytucker

20. The Following User Says Thank You to tommytucker For This Useful Post:

chris-k (23-01-11)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast