Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vuduo2 with PlexDVR

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    If you have boquet and cant tune a channel it means tuners are set up wrong. Please start your own thread about this.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    My apologies, you were right. I managed to figure it out, i did not have my tuner properly configured. Pertaining to this topic though, if i were to have a a VuDuo2 now containing 2 turners, would that allow me to run 2 IPTV streams simultaneously on Plex DVR? Currently when someone else attempts to watch something while someone else is watching something a message pops up saying "All tuners are currently in use, would you like to stop recording on one of the following tuners?" and it allows me to stop the others person connection. Would a box with multiple tuners allow multiple streams? Or would i need to purchase another tuner box? Also I saw the Vu+ Duo2 allows connection up to 4 tuners. Would this allow up to 4 connections?

Thanks very much for being so quick to reply!
    Last edited by Torrax; 14-10-17 at 11:30.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Torrax, you need as many tuners as transport streams you are trying to receive. So if you had 4 satellite tuners that would allow you to watch one channel and open 3 streams at the same time. Plex knows it is a 4 tuner box so may try to open a 4th stream.

Plex doesn't understand the concept of transport streams, only tuners. So if Plex knows there are 4 tuners it won't try to start 5 recordings even though this may only require 2 tuners. And on the other hand Plex doesn't know what tuners are in use, so it may request 4 tuners but only 2 are available at the time meaning recordings fail.

Due to the above, to get the maximum reliability from your Plex/enigma2 combination the enigma2 receiver needs to be in standby and dedicated to Plex.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

imish (15-10-17),Torrax (16-10-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you very much for taking the time to explain it to me Huevos! So just to confirm if I had 4 x DVB-S2 tuners it would allow 3 different users to watch live TV however, they would all be forced to watch the same IPTV broadcast because the box only allows for a single transport stream at a time. In order to allow for multiple users viewing different channels I would be required to purchase and additional tuner box? Thanks for the advice. I'll have to set it up in standby mode and make it a dedicated box.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Torrax, start your own thread like I have already said. These questions have nothing to do with Plex DVR API.

Title
    Thanks
    I am using using plexdvr on an vuduo2 but I have 2 sat tuners and it works perfectly with no issues, it might be a plexdvr requirement to have two tuners.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi,

Stupid question, Does this allow you to stream live tv channels from my vix e2 receiver via my Plex Media Server?

Similar to SkyGo but with my own content on PMS.

Thanks,

YO

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Ostrich View Post
    Hi,

Stupid question, Does this allow you to stream live tv channels from my vix e2 receiver via my Plex Media Server?

Similar to SkyGo but with my own content on PMS.

Thanks,

YO
    yes it does - although I find PlexDVR / LIVE TV highly unreliable -atleast on a Nvidia Shield.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to imish For This Useful Post:

Yellow Ostrich (16-01-18)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12