Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GigaBlue Quad 4K

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Current status: have sorted out why my FBC config was messing up, although once you seem to define an incorrect satellite (like 19.2E) it never seems to forget - hence automatic sat scan screws up and I also lose whichever tuner I mess up... even if I go back and correct.
    However, have to say that once you know what you are doing, it's much easier configuring on ViX than ATV
    Can you give more detail about this issue. Also please follow Abu's request.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (01-06-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    So with my wife returning at the weekend , have just about reached the end of my testing on the GigaBlue UHD 4K.
    As far as I have tested, everything that is supposed to work at this moment in time appears to work, both in my (modified) ViX and the 2 other images.
    FBC Tuners, work both with Unicable (through a Spaun multiswitch) and normal (via EMP multiswitch)... so I have currently 7 tuners through Unicable to 28.2E and 1 tuner DiSEqC to 28.2E/19.2E.
    Will modify this over the coming weeks, now I know it all works.

Front panel display (although smaller than ET8500) is very clear and good colour, and the vertical LED
    indicator is both hard to miss and works well (can be turned off)

Picture with both 2160 and 1080 is really nice (as have all my Arm 4K receivers)

Remote is really nice and covers most eventualities. Have not tried it to control anything else, but should work.

Boot times and switching times are not spectacular, but otherwise it comes across as a really nice, good quality, normal looking black box that does everything that is asked.

Hopefully, once GigaBlue have returned from Anga Com and the coming holiday in Germany, they will fix the rest
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

007.4 (07-07-17),craig1979 (03-06-17),Emulated (05-06-17)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12