Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plugin feed down for maintainence, when will it be available?

Title
    Thanks

Plugin feed down for maintainence, when will it be available?

I installed the latest Vix image and still the plugins are down for maintainence, and are not available.
    Anyone know when it will be back?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    when the transfer finishes, shouldn't be too long.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

roybach (27-05-17),zino (27-05-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    when the transfer finishes, shouldn't be too long.
    I am not familiar with what is meant by transfer?

So tomorrow maybe?

Title
    Thanks
    The files are moved from the server that is used to make the images and compile plugins to the server that hosts them.

Title
    Thanks
    Can you issue the following command and post back what you get?

Code:
    opkg update

Title
    Thanks
    Going by your post on the other forum, the feeds on your image are non-existent. "latest" is inconclusive.

Please do not post in downloads section. Please read the thread in link below on how to start threads.
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section!

Title
    Thanks
    Going by your post on the other forum, the feeds on your image are non-existent. "latest" is inconclusive.

Please do not post in downloads section. Please read the thread in link below on how to start threads.
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section!
    I said latest because I went and downloaded and installed the latest firmware for the vu+ solo2 from openvix.co.uk, version 50014. I did not memorise which version number it was at the time I posted here for help.

Please dont assume something based on what I typed in another forum, about something loosely related.

To clarify, I am currently between Hades 016 and the latest version, 50014.
    I installed the latest openvix, version 50014, to download some plugins I need, and my plan was go back to Hades 016 as I am happy with that.
    I cant bring my settings backup to version 50014 and I am happy with Hades 016.

I just want a handful of plugins
    the vu+ turbo cable driver
    epg refresh
    weather plugin

I just want to download and keep it so that I don't have to update then go back every time I need something.
    I have 3 Vu+ solo2 boxes for around 3 years now. really need the vu+ turbo dvd-c driver especially to finish setting up. I am so used to my vu+ that I can't get used to the tivo we just got, i prefer to use my solo2, i'm not great with change.

I posted in the image support section as I can't download what I need from the newest vix image I downloaded, so it is image related.

I trust this clears everything up?

I simply wanted some help and answers, would really appreciate a bit of help/info.

At the time I posted this was version, What I put in another forum is what I did at the time I posted in that forum.

Feeds are still down on latest version 50014.
    I need another way to get these plugins or the feeds to be back.

which version of Openvix is the feeds working currently? I want to install that image.
    Last edited by zino; 28-05-17 at 17:04.

Title
    Thanks
    if feeds are down then they are down for all versions of the image.You could update and install feeds manualy from ipk.For older images there is no more support so no more fees either.
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

Title
    Thanks
    You had posted in download section, I moved it here.

Feeds are unstable for all images owing to the auto timer error. Otherwise people will be updating and their box not boot.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...X-Feeds-Status

This is the status
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...d-plugin-feeds

Title
    Thanks
    When you install a plugin, other dependencies are installed too. For USB tuners, they are invariably going to be kernel modules.

If you want to persist, I suggest you install 5.0 016 and install everything at command line to see exactly what is installed.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bellejt View Post
    if feeds are down then they are down for all versions of the image.You could update and install feeds manualy from ipk.For older images there is no more support so no more fees either.
    Feel free to read what I posted above as your reply is based on an incorrect assumption.

I just did as I stated before your reply, and it worked.

Title
    Thanks
    You had posted in download section, I moved it here.

Feeds are unstable for all images owing to the auto timer error. Otherwise people will be updating and their box not boot.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...X-Feeds-Status

This is the status
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...d-plugin-feeds
    As i said, I downloaded an image, which gave me problems downloading plugins, therefore download AND image related.
    Thank you for you time. and thanks for the status link, I will bookmark it.

Okay I installed 50013 instead and turned on experimental downloads.
    Managed to download the plugins I need and a couple of interesting ones that I may want to try for future use.
    Thank you for your time.

Title
    Thanks
    When you install a plugin, other dependencies are installed too. For USB tuners, they are invariably going to be kernel modules.

If you want to persist, I suggest you install 5.0 016 and install everything at command line to see exactly what is installed.
    As we have seen, I have no access to plugin feeds on Hades 016, so I cannot download the USB driver for Vu+ using that image.
    So I downloaded it using latest image using telnet, as an ipk. I will try it on Hades 016,
    hopefully it works, as it is an original pk before an installation, if it doesn't, then I have no choice but to move to latest Vix and set all my settings from scratch which will take weeks.

UPDATE: Previously when I did things like this, this way, it would work.
    Not this time. It wont install any of the plugis I downloaded.

I just need to find the quickest way to carry my existing settings over to new image
    Last edited by zino; 28-05-17 at 18:20.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zino View Post
    then I have no choice but to move to latest Vix and set all my settings from scratch which will take weeks.
    It does not take weeks. There are posts littered around the forum on how to restore things between older images and newer ones.

Hope it goes well for you. If it doesn't, read up and try it. If you get stuck, ask.

Title
    Thanks
    It does not take weeks. There are posts littered around the forum on how to restore things between older images and newer ones.

Hope it goes well for you. If it doesn't, read up and try it. If you get stuck, ask.
    The problem is I use many plugins that do not work on newer images, autotimers and settings dont copy over properly even when i copy and paste in.
    It would be easier for me to find a way to make the Vu+ Turbo work with my existing firmware. I tried and failed to carry over plugins and settings from vix hades 016 to vix 5.0014 in the last few hours.

I followed your advice and installed the Vu+ Turbo driver on vix 5.0014 using telnet and this is what shows up:

I have marked in red the folders/iles i cant find

From Telnet marked.jpg
    Found cypress
    so just "engima2-plugin-drivers-turbo" to find, the 4th installing line... or is that just the name

Help
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by zino; 28-05-17 at 21:03.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast