Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: cant flash new firmware

Title
    Thanks

cant flash new firmware

My receiver just crashes on startup and im trying to do a full firmware update. i have loaded the firmware onto usb and and pressing the power button when the front panel displays usb but it does nothing and continues to boot the receiver up then it crashes. am i doing the process right? the usb is formatted in fat32 format. i have also tried a different usb

Title
    Thanks
    When the front display says USB, you're pressing the far left hand button 'x' ?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by steveconnolly View Post
    When the front display says USB, you're pressing the far left hand button 'x' ?
    I don't have a x button. I have a red button on the top red corner which I'm pressing when it shows USB

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,142 Times in 6,220 Posts
    Maybe we can fix the crash and you can flash from functional image. Can you attach/post the crash log? You will find them in /home/root/logs.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Maybe we can fix the crash and you can flash from functional image. Can you attach/post the crash log? You will find them in /home/root/logs.
    is it possible to ftp into the receiver when it crashes on startup?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,142 Times in 6,220 Posts
    Yes. It is best to stop enigma2 with an "init 4" command first. That stops it trying to restart until you fix issue.