Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: How to setup the back of my Xtrend Et 10000

Title
    Thanks

How to setup the back of my Xtrend Et 10000

Hi guys,

I wonder if somebody kind could put me on the right path please.

I have had my Xtrend ET 10000 for a full year this month but I am still only using the one tuner and therefore cannot record one channel whilst watching another. I have spent weeks upon weeks searching the forum and google and I cannot seem to find the answer.

My box:
    Xtrend ET10000 2x DVB-S2 + 2x DVB-C/T/T2 COMBO Linux Enigma 2 Linux HD Digital Receiver PVR Ready
    - Enigma 2 Firmware / Image Options (Flashed Free Of Charge): OpenViX (Latest)
    - Fitted HDD Options: 1TB HDD 2.5" SA..
    - USB Storage: Kingston 16GB USB

Tuners 1+2 are Cable whilst 3+4 are Sat.

So far I have connected the 2 cables from my Satellite Dish to tuner 3 (SAT) and I am getting all the free to air channels on that tuner. I have connected my Virgin Broadband that to the VLAN port via (is that the correct thing to do or should it be in the LAN? or does it make no difference?).

My queries:

1. What do I need to do/buy to get the 2 cables from my Satellite dish to feed both Sat tuners (3+4)?
    2. Is it possible to setup both Cable tuners (1+2) so they both get the free to air Virgin channels via my Virgin Broadband - if so what do I need to do/buy?

Thanks in advance if anybody is kind enough to reply but please keep in mind that this stuff confuses the hell out of me so please keep them "simple"
    Rob

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Can you upload a picture of the signal wire connected at rear of receiver please?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robbishop View Post
    Hi guys,

I wonder if somebody kind could put me on the right path please.

I have had my Xtrend ET 10000 for a full year this month but I am still only using the one tuner and therefore cannot record one channel whilst watching another. I have spent weeks upon weeks searching the forum and google and I cannot seem to find the answer.

My box:
    Xtrend ET10000 2x DVB-S2 + 2x DVB-C/T/T2 COMBO Linux Enigma 2 Linux HD Digital Receiver PVR Ready
    - Enigma 2 Firmware / Image Options (Flashed Free Of Charge): OpenViX (Latest)
    - Fitted HDD Options: 1TB HDD 2.5" SA..
    - USB Storage: Kingston 16GB USB

Tuners 1+2 are Cable whilst 3+4 are Sat.

So far I have connected the 2 cables from my Satellite Dish to tuner 3 (SAT) and I am getting all the free to air channels on that tuner. I have connected my Virgin Broadband that to the VLAN port via (is that the correct thing to do or should it be in the LAN? or does it make no difference?).

My queries:

1. What do I need to do/buy to get the 2 cables from my Satellite dish to feed both Sat tuners (3+4)?
    2. Is it possible to setup both Cable tuners (1+2) so they both get the free to air Virgin channels via my Virgin Broadband - if so what do I need to do/buy?

Thanks in advance if anybody is kind enough to reply but please keep in mind that this stuff confuses the hell out of me so please keep them "simple"
    Rob
    As Abu has said, post a picture of the rear cabling.
    However, if you have 2 cables from your sat dish, one should go into tuner 3 and one into tuner 4 - not both into tuner 3
    Then assuming both cable go straight from teh dish, configure both as simple and 28.2E and then you should be able to record and watch from the sat dish.
    Regarding the LAN, it doesn't matter if it goes to the Vlan or LAN connection as long as you enable the correct entry in Network setup.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

4. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

robbishop (17-05-17)

Title
    Thanks
    So sorry @abu baniaz and @twol I am NOT ignoring you and I am really grateful for your replies but I'm struggling to upload my pictures.

Im not very technical but even I can normally upload a few pics. I created a file and selected the pics for upload but then nothing happens...even my missus cannot solve this and shes a deputy head! Poor ole kids eh!

Its late so I will try once more in the morning.

I just came up with an idea. I will screen record one of the pictures and put the link to watch it below:
    http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cbhDrGXyyK

Please copy that into your browser. Hopefully it has worked.

If you could let me know how to watch virgin in tuners 1+2 Id appreciate it - again thanks for your help.
    Rob

Title
    Thanks
    There is an issue with attachments on forum at the moment.

As feared, you have connected the sat wires incorrectly. Attach the wires to "LNB in" on both sat tuners.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

robbishop (17-05-17)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

robbishop (17-05-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Abu - I really appreciate it. With regards to my two cable tuners I only have virgin broadband (connected to VLan port) so how do I setup the tuners to work properly?
    Thanks,
    Rob

Title
    Thanks
    I think the diagrams are pretty self explanatory. I didn't draw the modem/router in. It should be self explanatory that you need to use a splitter on the co-ax/signal wire before it reaches the modem/router. Just like they do on an official receiver.

Ethernet wire does not provide signal.

Which part do you not understand?

Title
    Thanks
    Abu can you tell me if I have this correct please:

1. I put a 2-way splitter on the coaxial cable that comes from the virgin media socket on my wall.
    2. The 2 coaxial cables from the splitter go to a) my router and b) my sat box (RF IN port of cable tuner 1)
    3. I then "loop" out from the RF OUT port of cable tuner 1 to the RF IN port of cable tuner 2.

Thanks,
    Rob

Title
    Thanks
    Yes, that is correct.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Yes, that is correct.
    Thank you abu baniaz - I really appreciate your help.
    Rob

Title
    Thanks
    @abu baniaz - one last question if you dont mind. I have been researching what cables I now need: coaxial from splitter to router, coaxial from splitter to RF IN of tuner 1 and loop connector from RF OUT (cable tuner 1) to RF IN (cable tuner 2).

As I was searching this forum someone suggested that I do not need to have the loop cable connecting RF OUT (cable tuner 1) to RF IN (cable tuner 2) as I can achieve this within the settings - can you put my mind at ease and confirm/deny this so that I do not buy an extra cable if it is not needed. Much appreciated.

Menu -> System -> service searching -> tuner configuration -> tuner C -> configuration mode = 'loop through to' and in the next line Connected to = tuner B

Upon reading some more it seems that the above setting is for SAT tuners. For cable tuners I need a loop cable for it to work as it should - is that correct abu baniaz?
    Last edited by robbishop; 17-05-17 at 19:06. Reason: found more info

Title
    Thanks
    I don't mind, although questions should be posted for anyone to answer. If you are not sure, feel free to ask. If response is not clear or goes above your head, say so. There is no body language with electronic communication, so please don't shy away from asking. Just stay within the forum rules.

There is no internal loop through for DVB-C or DVB-T, only for satellite. Each tuner must have its own signal wire. Whether that is a loop cable between tuners or from a splitter.

You will also have to set each tuner individually in tuner configuartion.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

robbishop (17-05-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    I don't mind, although questions should be posted for anyone to answer. If you are not sure, feel free to ask. If response is not clear or goes above your head, say so. There is no body language with electronic communication, so please don't shy away from asking. Just stay within the forum rules.

There is no internal loop through for DVB-C or DVB-T, only for satellite. Each tuner must have its own signal wire. Whether that is a loop cable between tuners or from a splitter.

You will also have to set each tuner individually in tuner configuartion.
    Thanks abu - I am now clear on what I need to buy. Thank you