Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: VU+ Uno 4K DVB-C Transcoding

Title
    Thanks

VU+ Uno 4K DVB-C Transcoding

Good morning all I am looking to purchase a VU+ Uno 4K DVB-C from this wonderful place. Could anyone please advise me on transcoding as this box has 8 tuners how many devices can I use while transcoding as I have a Solo2. I can only use one device how many can the VU+ Uno 4K DVB-C take many thanks.

Title
    Thanks
    I have found this on web from what I can see you can use more than one device to transcode.

What is DVB-C Tuner FBC?
    A DVB-C Tuner FBC has eight demodulators.
    This is equivalent to a receiver with 8 standard DVB-C tuners. This is a unique 8 tuner in one technique. This allows you to view up to 8 channels simultaneously, streaming or recording.
    1 Coax CAI connection, it is possible to achieve the same result with the DVB-C tuner when FBC with 8 individual, standard DVB-C set-top boxes.

Title
    Thanks
    Looks like I will be ordering one very soon.

Title
    Thanks
    Were you able to transcode more than one channel simultaneously?

Title
    Thanks
    On CI one at the time. On a software cam all simultaneously.