Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: NEW Client mode introduced in OpenViX build 5.0.013

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I also get that buffer when changing channel and also wired connections like its trying to catch up+ the odd freeze when my switch stops blinking.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I've been using 2 VU+ zero's as clients to my DuoČ with twin sat and twin cable tuners for quite a while. Where everything runs fine bouquets and viewing recordings on clients, my only problem is recording on client box.
    I did set up remote timers but some failed?? . I have seen lots of posts about this but no answers. I've tried allsorts.
    Is there a way of recording on client box (it says recording when button pressed but end up with no recording)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Destination of where to record maybe?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ahhhh of course

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    NO tried different destinations. surely someone knows a yes or no, on recording in client mode

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    11) what image are you running?
    2) where are you recording to and is it defined as HDD

Just pressed record and it works fine for me. (ET7500 running in client mode)
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Tried that on my tm nano which has no hdd or usb and could not record elsewhere.I do remember hearing of setting up external points to record to.
    @twol i presume you have a hdd on box to record to?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i have 2 zero's running latest vix my server box is a DuoČ also running latest vix. One zero has 32g sandisk stick mounted as hdd and the other has powered external hdd, recording to media/hdd/movie/. when i hit record button it goes through the motions but when
    you go to recordings the file is zero. (post 135 on this thread the same).
    Everything is hard wired to Asus RT-AC5300 router .I have also tried using my SoloČ as as sever its the same.
    When I have been testing the recording nobody has been using other box so I dont think its tuner issue
    I have put one box back to use channel stream converter to get channels from DuoČ and a coax to 28.2 for freesat it records fine from sat.I've had DuoČ since they were released and when zero's came out i've used them on Remote channel, then client mode when that was released,I've Just started trying to record again as I'm looking at the Duo 4k
    Last edited by v8rick; 16-12-18 at 09:39. Reason: forgot recording destination

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    Tried that on my tm nano which has no hdd or usb and could not record elsewhere.I do remember hearing of setting up external points to record to.
    @twol i presume you have a hdd on box to record to?
    Yes, usb stick attached and mounted as HDD
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports

10. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

cactikid (16-12-18)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by v8rick View Post
    i have 2 zero's running latest vix my server box is a DuoČ also running latest vix. One zero has 32g sandisk stick mounted as hdd and the other has powered external hdd, recording to media/hdd/movie/. when i hit record button it goes through the motions but when
    you go to recordings the file is zero. (post 135 on this thread the same).
    Everything is hard wired to Asus RT-AC5300 router .I have also tried using my SoloČ as as sever its the same.
    When I have been testing the recording nobody has been using other box so I dont think its tuner issue
    I have put one box back to use channel stream converter to get channels from DuoČ and a coax to 28.2 for freesat it records fine from sat.I've had DuoČ since they were released and when zero's came out i've used them on Remote channel, then client mode when that was released,I've Just started trying to record again as I'm looking at the Duo 4k
    I had a few 0 timer recordings even on sat tuners,is the hdd in use an externally powered one and presume mounted correctly.When setting timers recheck start/stop times in case its wrong.Was the main box in use stopping the slave from working and getting no free tuner and if so would 0 with no data be correct?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    I had a few 0 timer recordings even on sat tuners,is the hdd in use an externally powered one and presume mounted correctly.When setting timers recheck start/stop times in case its wrong.Was the main box in use stopping the slave from working and getting no free tuner and if so would 0 with no data be correct?
    Hi most of your questions are answered in my post. Timer settings just press record button and agree with pop up "add record(stop after current event)" and timer recordings off epg give same result

Title
    Thanks
    @v8rick - turn on debug logs and post here....
    Also (because I have never bought a Vu+), I have no idea if you need the Pau plugin or not for the OE-A images (you do for OpenPli) as the Vu+ Zero is sold as a zapper (not for recording) ...
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for your time, I think I remember reading about Pau being in already but I'll check again Thanks again

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    as the Vu+ Zero is sold as a zapper (not for recording) ...
    I think your correct. I put my soloČ into client mode it records fine I don't know why i never thought of trying it before.
    I wish i had tried this when i only had one Zero,Now you can pick soloČ for the same money.
    At least i've found out by mistake that Zero will record off extreme plugin.

There again if i could predict the future i wouldn't have my humax 5400. topfield 5500,Technomate, Spider and other door stops like most peeps in this hobby LOL

Title
    Thanks
    If I have IPTV set up on my Server box via Xstream, is there any way I can watch the supplied channels on my Client receiver?

Thanks for any help.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast