Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW Client mode introduced in OpenViX build 5.0.013

Title
    Thanks
    Will this support http/https streaming authentication which can be set on in WebIF?

Title
    Thanks
    Hi all,

Please can someone confirm if recording (and/or timeshift) to hdd using client mode should work? I have been trying and my timers keep recording blank shows (0:00).

Any ideas? Thanks.

Kind regards,
    Sunny

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    Do your recordings on the source box.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

cactikid (08-04-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks but how would I record on source box from client box? Is there a method possible?

Title
    Thanks
    Hello,
    I think this may have been asked before but if you have a 4K server (Ultimo4k) do you have to have 4K capable clients? I have the latest openvix builds on the source and clients (Edision os mini and Vu duo2) and the clients do not get the bouquets at all. I reflashed both clients and when it does the restart after setting up and saving client mode settings the box just constantly has the spinning vix logo. I left this for a long time to see if it refreshed but not luck. The source box has FBC sat and cable tuners plus iptv bouquets loaded from xtream codes editor. Could it be the iptv bouquets causing the issue or do the clients needs to be 4k too?
    Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    No, works fine on all non 4K receivers too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you for confirming that a 4k host does not need a 4k client. Any ideas what I can try now ? Source and proposed clients all running OpenViX 5.1.027. Any ideas on how I can try to get this working, perhaps remove the iptv bouquets on the host and try without them ? any other ideas - reflash the host ?

Title
    Thanks
    I made a little progress. I tried using channel importer plugin which I assume is a forerunner to client mode. This also failed but gave some errors indicating it was a problem with the xtreamtv iptv bouquets. It complains about no such file for /tmp/userbouquet.xtream_ftaentertainment.tv
    I tried without the iptv bouquets and it worked fine but will still fail again if scheduled and of course will not give iptv on client box. I have a sort of work around just by downloading the full bouquets from source via openwebif and importing to the client. This seems to give everything I need although not very tidy.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    I am guessing that you are using xstreamtv to generate IPTV streams from a provider?
    If not then just ignore this post!
    If you are then there is another plugin (google suls) that will generate IPTV bouquets and epg (using add ons for epgimporter) for most IPTV providers ... these bouquets will be copied and operate normally using client server mode.... no need for anything else.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

11. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Timmo65 (01-06-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    I am guessing that you are using xstreamtv to generate IPTV streams from a provider?
    If not then just ignore this post!
    If you are then there is another plugin (google suls) that will generate IPTV bouquets and epg (using add ons for epgimporter) for most IPTV providers ... these bouquets will be copied and operate normally using client server mode.... no need for anything else.
    Thanks for that, yes its xtremetv I did look at suls but my provider was not listed there (not 100% sure on that though).

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmo65 View Post
    Thanks for that, yes its xtremetv I did look at suls but my provider was not listed there (not 100% sure on that though).
    ... but with the new config files, its very easy to setup suls for any provider - unless they are an agent for a provider and do not want you to know that (depends on whether you have an identifiable m3u stream - never used xtremetv, maybe its only userid & password??)
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches

Title
    Thanks
    ... but with the new config files, its very easy to setup suls for any provider - unless they are an agent for a provider and do not want you to know that (depends on whether you have an identifiable m3u stream - never used xtremetv, maybe its only userid & password??)
    I will look again then as I have the line in multiple formats, certainly m3u stream. I also use it with xcplugin on the same STB box and various other apps on ios and android/firestick. I just remember last time I looked it didnt seem that straight forward to get it going. They could also be resellers but their comms is good so I might ask them first.

Title
    Thanks
    My provider said Suls plugin doesn't work with their service.

Title
    Thanks
    Um!! not convinced..... but as long as you are happy then fine ...... Its just so easy to set up the bouquets with suls and then use "Client Streaming".
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 20-06-18 at 16:41. Reason: remove acronym
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

17. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

bbbuk (01-06-18)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmo65 View Post
    My provider said Suls plugin doesn't work with their service.
    I suspect that's more they don't like (support) suls and probably lock down their service. Suls is open to anyone to use so long as provider likes/accepts it. As I said, some don't support Suls and like to control their service more.

Um!! not convinced..... but as long as you are happy then fine ...... Its just so easy to set up the bouquets with suls and then use C/S.
    This is what I do.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast