Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: NEW Client mode introduced in OpenViX build 5.0.013

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbbuk View Post
    I suspect that's more they don't like (support) suls and probably lock down their service. Suls is open to anyone to use so long as provider likes/accepts it. As I said, some don't support Suls and like to control their service more.

This is what I do.
    You’ve convinced me to give it a go, thanks.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmo65 View Post
    You’ve convinced me to give it a go, thanks.
    As expected your assumption was correct - I can use Suls with my current iptv provider. I am just playing with the overrides now to see what can be done. I am actually getting a mass more channels this way than before but now I need to override them. One choice I can't see round is VOD - either the whole lot in one bouquet or separate bouquets per country/genre. I can't see a way to filter them out as they do not appear as channels in the sort-current file. I think perhaps this is another topic now, but thanks for spurring me to check it further.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmo65 View Post
    As expected your assumption was correct - I can use Suls with my current iptv provider. I am just playing with the overrides now to see what can be done. I am actually getting a mass more channels this way than before but now I need to override them. One choice I can't see round is VOD - either the whole lot in one bouquet or separate bouquets per country/genre. I can't see a way to filter them out as they do not appear as channels in the sort-current file. I think perhaps this is another topic now, but thanks for spurring me to check it further.
    The overrides are a very necessary part of the plugin and allows you to tailor your needs - you may need to go to suls web site on VOD (VOD is very variable depending on the provider)
    Cannot remember which box you have but if HD51 look at Stalker plugin.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    The overrides are a very necessary part of the plugin and allows you to tailor your needs - you may need to go to suls web site on VOD (VOD is very variable depending on the provider)
    Cannot remember which box you have but if HD51 look at Stalker plugin.
    Thanks. I will have a look - I have Vu ulitmo4k, duo2 and an Edision OS mini. I'm also playing with Echannelizer iptv bouquet maker and epgimporter trying to get my head round it all and trying not to panic when all my bouquets disappear!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    By disabling entries and changing the order sequence in the overrides.xml and then sending back to the receiver, you can do without Echannelizer for the IPTV bouquet, as e2m2u3bouquet will always load the iptv bouquets back as setup in overrides.
    In epgimporter don‘t forget to setup (add) the e2m3u2bouqet iptv entry to get the epg entries.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Just to finish my tale, it was the iptv xteme editor stopping the client mode load. On advice here (thanks) I used suls iptv importer and reordered/removed entries as I wanted. Once done I turned off the xtreme iptv load and turned back on client mode and it loaded in just a few moments and seems to be working really well, replicating all bouquets and epg.
    Thanks chaps.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Question re Client Mode
    If I use a client box with a single physical tuner and if i enable Client Mode and point it to a server box with 4 tuners (2 x dvb-s, usb dvb-t dual), will all 4 tuners be available for use in the client box? ie: physically client has just dvb-s, but server has both dvb-s and dvb-t

WW
    CT ET9000, Xtrend ET4000
    T90 Wavefrontier 5W-1W-5E-13E-19E-28E, Old Lidl dish 28E

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Good question as you might be able to access your other tuners with green button or have control over your other box via menu.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Basically looking at option for a bedroom tv replacement - free analogue channels ..... to end next month.
    Have 2 xtrends running openvix in house, both with dvb-s tuners (dual) and dvb-t (dual and hybrid) with wired connections to lan.
    Looking at buying something like a VU Zero and running it in Client Mode. Note - this is a single tuner box.
    If I configure it in Client Mode, will I be able to use both the dvb-s and dvb-t tuners on the xtrend boxes?

Going with type of config I believe will give the same UI, channel lists,EPg etc as I currently use on the 2 xtrends.

Does that make any sense?

Any recommendations for a small openvix supported box to run in this configuration?
    CT ET9000, Xtrend ET4000

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have a tm nano single tuner box with client running from my solo2 with motorised and 28.2 and can view either tuner.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    I have a tm nano single tuner box with client running from my solo2 with motorised and 28.2 and can view either tuner.
    That makes sense. Both boxes have same tuner type dvb-s.
    Just looking for confirmation that dvb-t tuners on server boxes will be usable from client box which only has dvb-s tuner
    CT ET9000, Xtrend ET4000

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    How will your box know if its using a dvb/c or dvb/s or dvb/t tuner as it should not matter with a list, i could see cable on a sat box so dvb/t should be no different.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    So basically when a box is configured in Client Mode, it sees no local physical tuners at all, and just see the host based tuners available for use.
    That's grand, was hoping that' s the way it worked.

Thks for help cactikid
    CT ET9000, Xtrend ET4000

14. The Following User Says Thank You to white_westie For This Useful Post:

cactikid (30-08-18)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I can choose what to look at via my bouquets which can make it handier.

Title
    Thanks
    Hey All

Client mode is amazing and simple to setup, thank you. Is there anyway to increase buffer size to stop drop out/in's? I have a wired setup and gets some occasional audio drop outs specially when switching to a channel so wanted to know if there are some tweaks that can be applied?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast