Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: high quality single LNB for 90cm Triax motorised dish and set up proceedure ?

Title
    Thanks

Question high quality single LNB for 90cm Triax motorised dish and set up proceedure ?

Hello,
    Im looking to upgrade my LNB to see if I can further improve the signal and picture quality. I understand most of this will be dependant on the size of dish and alignment.

My existing LNB is a single standard universal LNB, I just wanted to change it for a higher quality one to make further improvements and want to know what type and spec I should go for.

I have a single tuner motorised system with 90cm TRIAX dish.

And if some once can advise on the correct procedure of changing an LNB ,dose it in volve a setup on MY et8500 Linux receiver or do I just swap it over?

Is there an LNB Scew required and how to I do this?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    It really depends on your location, which satellites you are trying to pick up and whether any will provide a marginal signal. If reception is OK, then probably almost any LNB will be fine based on experiences.
    A group of us ran through about 10 different LNB's and it was surprising how good most of the cheaper LNB's were at picking up even weaker signals. For really marginal reception Opticum LNB's were the best, the worst by far was amazingly Inverto.... even there so called "quality selected" LNB's.

Again depending on your location skew can make a big difference, but never having a motorised setup not sure how this is handled.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Twol - do you have a summary of the LNBs you tested and the results.

Shortly I will test a newly purchased Opticum single LNB instead of the Inverto installed at present to see if I can pull in a marginal signal.

ALIEN1X - with a motorised dish you usually set the LNB vertically and assume that the movement of the dish will compensate for skew - it's not a 100% compensation f the skew, but near enough. I have always thought that if you are interested in one particular satellite it would not hurt to test changing the skew slightly to see if it improves the signal for that main satellite of interest.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by timofee View Post
    Twol - do you have a summary of the LNBs you tested and the results.

Unfortunately No ... and most of the information is/was on a Web site which at the moment appears to be down.
    I know Chess, Smart, Inverto, Opticum, Rocket and a few others were tested ...but quite a few are German brands.... unfortunately you remember the worst and best and nothing is hard documented ... you just expect to go back to the (now dead) sat forum!
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches

5. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

timofee (29-04-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIEN1X View Post
    Hello,
    Im looking to upgrade my LNB to see if I can further improve the signal and picture quality. I understand most of this will be dependant on the size of dish and alignment.

My existing LNB is a single standard universal LNB, I just wanted to change it for a higher quality one to make further improvements and want to know what type and spec I should go for.

I have a single tuner motorised system with 90cm TRIAX dish.

And if some once can advise on the correct procedure of changing an LNB ,dose it in volve a setup on MY et8500 Linux receiver or do I just swap it over?

Is there an LNB Scew required and how to I do this?
    Hi mate , the best is a Inverto Black Ultra 0.2dB Single High-Gain Low-Noise LNB

reed here
    This LNB is a high performance product addressing the need for superior reception under the edges of the satellite footprint. Thanks to its novel front end design and superior components, this LNB provides higher conversion gain yet with lowest noise figure and best phase noise performance. The combination of higher spec components, excellent cross polarization isolation and advanced filter design enables improved handling of interfering spurious. All in all, this LNB provides a leap in the overall reception performance compared with standard LNBs. The LNB enables the reception of signals from one satellite and its distribution to maximum four Set Top Boxes with Single Tuner (or two STBs with Twin Tuner) and is ready for High Definition transmissions. Designed to meet strict specifications and manufactured to the highest industry quality standards, this LNB is an ideal solution for satellite broadcast reception across Europe.

regards Nick

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fevgatos View Post
    Hi mate , the best is a Inverto Black Ultra 0.2dB Single High-Gain Low-Noise LNB

reed here
    This LNB is a high performance product addressing the need for superior reception under the edges of the satellite footprint. Thanks to its novel front end design and superior components, this LNB provides higher conversion gain yet with lowest noise figure and best phase noise performance. The combination of higher spec components, excellent cross polarization isolation and advanced filter design enables improved handling of interfering spurious. All in all, this LNB provides a leap in the overall reception performance compared with standard LNBs. The LNB enables the reception of signals from one satellite and its distribution to maximum four Set Top Boxes with Single Tuner (or two STBs with Twin Tuner) and is ready for High Definition transmissions. Designed to meet strict specifications and manufactured to the highest industry quality standards, this LNB is an ideal solution for satellite broadcast reception across Europe.

regards Nick
    Inverto black were the absolute worst in our tests, this is just marketing ****, even the Inverto "standard" LNB's were better
    Last edited by twol; 29-04-17 at 06:14.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    My location is London and the sats I mainly tune to are in order of priority - 28.2e, 19.2e, 0.8w,13e
    the SNR varies from 56% - 76%
    Last edited by ALIEN1X; 30-04-17 at 13:36. Reason: typo