Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Soundbar at the back of the room (behind bed)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Soundbar at the back of the room (behind bed)

Hey Guys

So basically i wanted to find out if this is a good idea and if it would work or not. So my bedroom has the door to the right and my parents bedroom right behind the TV. So when the TV is loud and the door was open it would disturb other people. Also, i can not loud the volume too much because directly behind the TV is my parents wall and the walls are not well sound proof. I would love the sound to come out from where we are lying on the bed so that i can loud it up a bit more and it would not be loud enough to penetrate into the other room. Now i was thinking about getting those bluetooth sound bars and putting it behind my bed so the sound can come from there. I know soundbars are meant to be put above the TV or below it but would this still work practically.

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks
    Headphones!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TK4|2|1 View Post
    Headphones!
    I don't want headphones because I'll be watching sometimes with my wife. We just rather have the sound coming from the bed so we don't have to worry about waking anyone else up

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Not sure about soundbar,ive thought about doing something similair,thought along the lines of a second hand soround system or just 2 speakers at the back of room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goosegog View Post
    Not sure about soundbar,ive thought about doing something similair,thought along the lines of a second hand soround system or just 2 speakers at the back of room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    OK but I only have optical audio as an option. Would prefer a wireless option. Anyone uses a soundbar away from the TV?

Title
    Thanks
    You could try small wireless pc speakers behind the bed

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joysleep1 View Post
    Hey Guys

So basically i wanted to find out if this is a good idea and if it would work or not. So my bedroom has the door to the right and my parents bedroom right behind the TV. So when the TV is loud and the door was open it would disturb other people. Also, i can not loud the volume too much because directly behind the TV is my parents wall and the walls are not well sound proof. I would love the sound to come out from where we are lying on the bed so that i can loud it up a bit more and it would not be loud enough to penetrate into the other room. Now i was thinking about getting those bluetooth sound bars and putting it behind my bed so the sound can come from there. I know soundbars are meant to be put above the TV or below it but would this still work practically.
    The obvious problem with that is back to front sound, so if a door closes on the left of the TV you will hear it on the right.
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
    The obvious problem with that is back to front sound, so if a door closes on the left of the TV you will hear it on the right.
    Well I could just make the sound come from the soundbar behind the bed so nothing comes out of the internal speakers right.?
    Would there be some sort of lag or is this a stupid idea?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Have you looked at the special sound reducing wall papers/paints on the market, as well as the original cork coverings, they can be really effective at reducing sound impact on other rooms.
    Could be actually simpler and more effective.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks
    Move out of your parents house!!

Haha just kidding.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TK4|2|1 For This Useful Post:

DaMacFunkin (14-04-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Lol would love too. Don't have the money. Will look into the wall paper thing. Just wandering if anyone has used a soundbar in a different location

Title
    Thanks
    why not just move the room around?

But to be honest i dont think the location of the tv / soundbar is going to make a lot of difference, if its too loud its too loud

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JonMMM View Post
    why not just move the room around?

But to be honest i dont think the location of the tv / soundbar is going to make a lot of difference, if its too loud its too loud
    Yh I agree it's just I can definitely loud it more knowing the sound is coming way away from my parents room rather than internal speakers sitting next to the wall