Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice on what cable box to buy

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Huza91 View Post
    So it has an internal splitter?

Sorry for being so annoying, I want to make sure I'm going about this the right way
    Yes splits into two tuners internally.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Yes splits into two tuners internally.
    Cool

If I were looking at another box, how would I know if it had an internal splitter?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huza91 View Post
    Cool

If I were looking at another box, how would I know if it had an internal splitter?
    Looks at the specifications.....
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Looks at the specifications.....
    Yeah but I can't find anywhere where it says the Solo SE v2 has an internal splitter

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    The tuner is dual/twin..... http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...n-tuner-module

The dual tuner provides the function of 2 individual DVB-C / T / T2 Single tuners without an additional loopthrough cable. The voltage applied to the RF IN signal is internally passed along to the two built-in tuners.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    Get the OCTAGON SF4008 4K UHD 2160p Linux Enigma 2 Receiver 2x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 Tuners its a top box with a option to add a 3rd tuner if required

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...-2x-dvb-c-t-t2
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    Thanks
    Wow guys thanks so much for all your help I really do appreciate it.

I'm so used to the speed of the Solo2, I don't want to get a box that will be slower and thus deemed a downgrade.

I'm currently looking at the following

1) http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...os-mega-osmega (Is this only a single dvb-c or would it have an internal splitter?)

2) http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...-2x-dvb-c-t-t2 (Looks like a great box)

3) http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...tm-twin-4k-s2c (Looks like an unreal box - some spec)

4) http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...-2x-DVB-C-T-T2 (No Internal HDD and no front display)

Which one should I go for guys
    Last edited by Huza91; 06-04-17 at 13:37.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    When talking about cabletuner boxes, I just want to emphasise that with latest FBC-tuners you don`t need dual-tuners. One FBC-cabletuner with boxes like VU+Uno 4K or VU+Ultimo 4K you will have 8 tuners. So you can forget those twintuner cableboxes and go to the latest technology instead.
    Last edited by tappari; 06-04-17 at 14:40.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    theres only the solo and edison in stock with wos at the moment i would still order the OCTAGON SF4008 4K UHD its a cracking box with great support lots of image builders and a great remote plus you can change the remote to another brand like the Vu+ if you like there remotes

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bassethound View Post
    theres only the solo and edison in stock with wos at the moment i would still order the OCTAGON SF4008 4K UHD its a cracking box with great support lots of image builders and a great remote plus you can change the remote to another brand like the Vu+ if you like there remotes
    So who cares what wos has in stock at the moment? Octacon SF4008 does not have FBC tuner for cable. VU+ has.
    Last edited by tappari; 06-04-17 at 15:58.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tappari View Post
    So who cares what wos has in stock at the moment? Octacon SF4008 does not have FBC tuner for cable. VU+ has.
    he's looking at buying one of the 4 box in post 22 from wos non have FBC tuners so it looks like he does not care about FBC tuners

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

john doe (06-04-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bassethound View Post
    he's looking at buying one of the 4 box in post 22 from wos non have FBC tuners so it looks like he does not care about FBC tuners
    My friend bassenthound. Not all the people who are asking help from this site are aware what they really need.
    So don`t selll them dualtner boxes if you know that there are better solutions for them like FBC tuner boxes.
    I just do not see any real good reason to have dualtuner box for cablenetwork instead of the box with FBC-cabletuner.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Fbc Uno4k here http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...o-4k-dvb-c-fbc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tappari View Post
    My friend bassenthound. Not all the people who are asking help from this site are aware what they really need.
    So don`t selll them dualtner boxes if you know that there are better solutions for them like FBC tuner boxes.
    I just do not see any real good reason to have dualtuner box for cablenetwork instead of the box with FBC-cabletuner.
    I agree with you on most of this, I have FBC tuner in my Ultimo 4K, what peeps need to be aware of with FBC running 8 tuners requires 8 ECM requests every 9 seconds, your VM card will start to struggle with that and if you have other boxes on your lan requesting ECM from the card you are asking for trouble.
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
    I agree with you on most of this, I have FBC tuner in my Ultimo 4K, what peeps need to be aware of with FBC running 8 tuners requires 8 ECM requests every 9 seconds, your VM card will start to struggle with that and if you have other boxes on your lan requesting ECM from the card you are asking for trouble.
    I do not agree. I have three clientboxes asking ECM requests every 10 secons with camd 35 protocol. No problems so far. Just see how you have connection in oscam.conf file for oscam-oscam. I have this:
    [cs357x]
    port = 27550
    In clientbox oscam.server these:
    [reader]
    label = mycamd357xreader
    description = cam35reader
    protocol = camd35
    device = serverboxip,27550
    user = clientbox username
    password = xxxxx
    fallback = 1
    group = 1,2
    Last edited by tappari; 07-04-17 at 06:11.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to tappari For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (07-04-17)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast