Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: multiswitch setup

Title
    Thanks

multiswitch setup

Hi I'm new to satellite equipment and want to add to a multiswitch
    Where I live there is a vision ev5-532m multiswitch
    I want to add;
    Vision v5-204
    Inverto IDLU-UST110-CUO1O-32P
    Lem sck54/1t

The questions I have are;
    The v5-204 has a DC switch, does that mean I don't need DC bockers if I come out of the right hand ports?

If it does block DC on one set of outputs is the lnb powered from the bottom outputs?

Will I need anything between the lem and inverto?

There are 2 feeds coming into the flat which are split into 4 (2 feeds into each room in parallel) I currently have;
    sky hd
    Mutant hd51 s2 & t2 tuners
    Ferguson arriva 4k combi
    Sony KD55XD9305BU sat & t2 tuners
    All of which are scr compatible, is there anything else I need to consider?
    Last edited by haloweenhamster; 30-03-17 at 17:05.

Title
    Thanks
    The connector difference between the v5 & ev5 doesn't matter because I'm going to be using triax 305309 leads rather than couplers

Another question,
    There is currently a quattro lnb with 4 feeds to the multi switch for 28.2e
    is it possible to add additional lnbs for 13e and / or 19.2e without adding more cabling from the roof and keeping legacy support?
    Was thinking a combiner or a 13/4 multiswitch on the roof feeding the existing multiswitch?
    Last edited by haloweenhamster; 02-04-17 at 12:23.

Title
    Thanks
    With a multimeter tested the v5 204
    DC passes on v hi & lo on both outputs to each other and to input at all times
    With switch on h hi & lo same
    With switch off h hi & lo DC pass from bottom output to input but not to other output, from side output DC blocked to both input and other output

Will I need DC blockers for the vertical feeds from the splitter to the scr multiswitch? Or is it only the horizontal feed that need blocking or do any?

Title
    Thanks
    I guess most hobbyists don't use multiswitches so does anyone know of places I can find information
    Google seems to be hit & miss with the keywords I've been using
    The only reason I haven't hooked it up already are because some manufacturers state to use DC blockers between scr multiswitch and legacy multiswitches due to 20v operating rather than 13-18v
    Looking at inverto installation instructions it states 19v and each multiswitch requires power which makes me think that DC Bocks aren't required as they only power lnb no other multiswitches, DC measured 16.8v on each lnb leg of the inverto
    Lem is in the post so I can't test anything on that or the interaction between the lem and inverto

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    there are only 2/3 people that I know of on forum who are knowledgeable in this regard. They have not been on recently.

Perhaps you can contact inverto directly?

Title
    Thanks
    Gave it a quick try the other night
    Lem worked fine with sky
    Inverto worked with hd51 & 4k combo bit not the TV

If scr selected on TV 0 channels found
    If I select normal it finds 50/60 channels depending on what the other 2 boxes / sky box have on (tried on inverto & lem)
    Also terrestrial didn't work in living room (couldn't test bedroom due to sleeping wife)
    Both lem and inverto fed living room quadplexer, tried only having one connected at a time and both ways round