Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Setting up your VU+ with Motorised Dish & Seperate Positioner

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    It's probably the v-box. My v-box does the same with all receivers. It's impossible to give it a small enough nudge from any receiver to accurately align it on any fringe satellite. The answer is to use the v-box remote control to nudge the dish one click at a time to where you want it and then save the position.
    I never had this problem with my DM800 or IPBOX9000.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,941 Times in 3,265 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Likvid View Post
    I never had this problem with my DM800 or IPBOX9000.
    It must be the length of the pulse coming from the receiver then. Anyway, if you use the v-box remote control you will be able to nail the satellite and then save the correct position.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    It must be the length of the pulse coming from the receiver then. Anyway, if you use the v-box remote control you will be able to nail the satellite and then save the correct position.
    I don't have any remote control because i have the Aston Satseeker, it's totally dependent of the receiver commands.

Title
    Thanks
    I have solved the problem now, i had to RESET the Satseeker positioner, now it moves small steps as it should.

Webbiola
    I have an existing motorised set up, Manhattan ST500 receiver with built in 36v positioner, Jaeger Gold motor and 88cm dish. I am wanting to add a VU+ to this setup using the Manhattan positioner to move the dish and lnb loopthrough to the VU+. It is a single lnb setup. As I now sit down and think of how this would work in practice I am starting to have doubts about it's practicality. Has anyone else got a similar setup that could help me out? Thanks in advance.

Webbiola
    The VU+ duly arrived and I used lnb loopthrough from the Manhattan and it worked but only if the Manhattan was subsequently switched off. I thought about a priority switch but instead went for a Gbox V2000 positioner unit. The Gbox and Vu+ work well together but there is a significant (particularly with the current weather) signal loss to the extent that some weaker transmissions have disappeared (they reappear if I reconnect to the Manhattan). I am not yet able to connect to a network (awaiting wireless dongle) when the VU+ will hopefully give the Manhattan a clean pair of heels but I am initially a little disappointed by the signal loss and the fact that it is a little buggy (I am currently using VTI image having tried original, PLi and Vix) all have suffered with green screen message shutdown/restart or blank screen even on fta German Hot Bird channels.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    If you are receiving channels better on the Manhattan than the Vu there is a bad connection somewhere. Vu tuner is unbeatable. Also since I switch to VIX 1.3 I haven't had one green screen. Trouble probably is because you are not connected to the network, as the first thing you are supposed to do after installing the image is download the latest updates as these don't contain known green screen bugs.
    Last edited by Huevos; 29-12-10 at 14:39.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks

Help unable to add satellite

Hi

I am using Vix 3.0 on my Vu + duo and currently have the following satellites in the box

1 West Thor
    Sirius 4.8
    7 east Eutelsate
    9 East Eutelsat
    13east Hotbird
    16east Eutelsat
    19.2 e Astra
    23.5 Astra
    28 Astra

But for some reason will not let me add 10east so I can move the dish to this position and then store the satellite

Any ideas

Bit of a novice but done ok so far

Quote Originally Posted by catseye View Post
    He's my set up & works fine at present

Channel Master 1.2 Dish
    18 Actuator
    Invercom Twin lnb with feedhorn
    Moteck v box positioner
    & of course Vu + Twin tuner sat receiver

Current image Dream Elite

Menu, Main menu -option 8 Set up
    Option 1 Service Searching
    Option 1 Tuner Configuration

Both Tuners should appear on screen

Make sure both Tuner B is set up exactly same as Tuner A

Tuner A -Advanced
    Satellite -right/left keys on r/c to choose sat you wish to view
    Lnb 1- if you are feeding from one lnb even if its twin/quad etc
    DiSEqc Mode 1.2
    Use Usals for this sat no
    Store position at - whatever your stored position is for that sat on vbox positioner

For example Astra/Eurobird 28/28.5 East is stored at position 28

Hope this helps

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixapollo View Post
    But for some reason will not let me add 10east so I can move the dish to this position and then store the satellite
    What is your tuner config for 10E?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123