Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Setting up your VU+ with Motorised Dish & Seperate Positioner

Title
    Thanks
    Why don't you give the plugin another try, Likvid? You've got basically the same positioner as I have (mine's just got more memorised positions), and I have no problems at all using ViX 1.1 (or any other recent image). We might find out whether Alexander's problem is related to his positioner rather than the receiver. (At least, we may go some way to establishing whether the positioner plugin only works with some boxes and not others - although, if they are all supposed to be diseqc 1.2 compatible it's a mystery why one should be "more compatible" than another.)

Title
    Thanks
    I gave up on Vu+Duo and connected DM800 back so really, do not waste your time on this. The issue may well be specific just to the set of equipment that I have.

Overall, I liked the receiver and will definitely keep it if I could resolve this issue.
    Alexander aka Satbeams
    DM800, DM500, Vu+Duo
    CM C120 45W-...-57E
    Gibertini-125 40E
    T90
    my setup

Title
    Thanks
    I have posted this issue on multiple forums as well! I have the exact same problem, I store my positions and then the dish does not move correctly! sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. I have to reset the box about 20 times a day to get it to work. This problem started for me when I flashed the latest images, i have tried VTI VTX and PLI. The only support I got was to use USALS instead. I have tried every tuner combination and changed LNB's. The problem only started for me when I reflashed a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ttalex View Post
    I gave up on Vu+Duo and connected DM800 back so really, do not waste your time on this. The issue may well be specific just to the set of equipment that I have.

Overall, I liked the receiver and will definitely keep it if I could resolve this issue.

Title
    Thanks
    by the way, i am not using an external positioner, just motor connected to receiver

Title
    Thanks
    Am having problems with positioning and is quite frustrating. The Vuo+ Duo is supposed to be easy and simple to use, but if it won't move properly between satellites then obviously there is a serious problem with the box that needs fixing. >

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by I, Brian View Post
    Am having problems with positioning and is quite frustrating. The Vuo+ Duo is supposed to be easy and simple to use, but if it won't move properly between satellites then obviously there is a serious problem with the box that needs fixing. >
    This thread has nothing to do with your issue. This is about using an external positioner. Please keep your issue in your thread here http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/show...ght=#post26147
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    Strange things can often happen, in computers and these electronic gadgets. Anyway, my question is more or less about the same issue. Presently my Duo is only connected to one lnb on the motorised dish via a positioner. If I install a twin lnb on my sat that cable would directly go into the receiver bypassing the positioner. How could I then make both the tuner A and tuner B the same in the tuner setting as only lnb A would be via the positioner while lnb B would be directly connected to the receiver? Can someone please advice?

TIA

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mk753 View Post
    Hi,
    Strange things can often happen, in computers and these electronic gadgets. Anyway, my question is more or less about the same issue. Presently my Duo is only connected to one lnb on the motorised dish via a positioner. If I install a twin lnb on my sat that cable would directly go into the receiver bypassing the positioner. How could I then make both the tuner A and tuner B the same in the tuner setting as only lnb A would be via the positioner while lnb B would be directly connected to the receiver? Can someone please advice?

TIA
    Try setting Tuner B equal to tuner A.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Will try. Thanks

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mk753 View Post
    How could I then make both the tuner A and tuner B the same in the tuner setting as only lnb A would be via the positioner while lnb B would be directly connected to the receiver? Can someone please advice?
    Set tuner B as "second cable of motorized LNB".

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Set tuner B as "second cable of motorized LNB".
    Thats ok for Diseqc motor, but not for use with a external positioner.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Thats ok for Diseqc motor, but not for use with a external positioner.
    Can you explain why you think that?

"Tuner B equal to tuner A" would need two identical but independent motorised aerial systems.
    Last edited by Huevos; 10-11-10 at 14:23.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Can you explain why you think that?

"Tuner B equal to tuner A" would need two identical but independent motorised aerial systems.
    I just re-read the question in post 22, my mistake, your answer is correct
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Huevos (10-11-10)

Title
    Thanks
    When i press the button for west or east one time in "Fine Movement" in the Positioner menu the motor moves too far when i click one time, it's like 10 pulses instead of 1.

How do you make it move smaller steps?

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Likvid View Post
    When i press the button for west or east one time in "Fine Movement" in the Positioner menu the motor moves too far when i click one time, it's like 10 pulses instead of 1.

How do you make it move smaller steps?
    It's probably the v-box. My v-box does the same with all receivers. It's impossible to give it a small enough nudge from any receiver to accurately align it on any fringe satellite. The answer is to use the v-box remote control to nudge the dish one click at a time to where you want it and then save the position.
    Last edited by Huevos; 18-11-10 at 10:30.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast