Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Setting up your VU+ with Motorised Dish & Seperate Positioner

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,162 Times in 216 Posts

Setting up your VU+ with Motorised Dish & Seperate Positioner

He's my set up & works fine at present

Channel Master 1.2 Dish
    18 Actuator
    Invercom Twin lnb with feedhorn
    Moteck v box positioner
    & of course Vu + Twin tuner sat receiver

Current image Dream Elite

Menu, Main menu -option 8 Set up
    Option 1 Service Searching
    Option 1 Tuner Configuration

Both Tuners should appear on screen

Make sure both Tuner B is set up exactly same as Tuner A

Tuner A -Advanced
    Satellite -right/left keys on r/c to choose sat you wish to view
    Lnb 1- if you are feeding from one lnb even if its twin/quad etc
    DiSEqc Mode 1.2
    Use Usals for this sat no
    Store position at - whatever your stored position is for that sat on vbox positioner

For example Astra/Eurobird 28/28.5 East is stored at position 28

Hope this helps

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to catseye For This Useful Post:

fouldup (11-09-13),grtmoby (16-05-10),gsmeadows (30-12-11),jareks49 (31-12-11),Likvid (16-05-10),mscon (08-12-11),Sicilian (16-05-10)

Title
    Thanks
    Yes, the Positioner plugin is not working good on Vu+ so it's better as you say to store the positions directly with the positioners remote control and the define the position for each satellite under tuner configuration in Enigma2

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Likvid For This Useful Post:

catseye (16-05-10),Sicilian (16-05-10)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Sorry to hijack your thread Catseye, but you post how the v box positioner is set up please as I'm thinking of buying one to hook up to an old DM7020.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    I have the Gbox V500 positioner which is the best i've tried, i had Vbox2 before that and wasn't satisfied with it.

You just use the remote for the positioner and move the dish with and then you press store on the remote and then you press the number you want it stored at x, example STORE -010 - STORE, then Astra2D is store on position 010.

Then you goto in tuner configuration and choose Diseqc mode 1.2 and then in the end of the list there is an option for USE USALS? you change to NO, then you have a new line below which says what position this satellite should be stored at, you just type 010 and then save and exit.

So next time you choose Astra2D it will move automatically to position 010.

Do this for all other sats you want to configure with unique position number for each sat, you can store up to 32 sats, which means 32 positions, it starts at 001 and ends at 032

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Likvid For This Useful Post:

mscon (08-12-11)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,162 Times in 216 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Sorry to hijack your thread Catseye, but you post how the v box positioner is set up please as I'm thinking of buying one to hook up to an old DM7020.
    Scill Do mean in terms of connections m8?

Title
    Thanks
    What should tuner B be set at for a motorised dish with actuator and gbox positioner with single feed lnb I am using the pli image.

Thanks z4

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Sorry misread the post
    Last edited by hummer66; 20-05-10 at 07:35. Reason: misread

Title
    Thanks
    thanks, I've got it going with your help, cheers!

D

Now onto WebTV...box is visible etc but "no video" at the moment...!

Title
    Thanks
    I believe there is a problem with Vu+Duo positioner functionality.

I have an EDON 2150 positioner on my Channelmaster C120 dish connected to Vu+Duo and it seems to work incorrectly when moving between remote positions. It works fine for example when moving from 13E to 19E but stops somewhere in the middle when going from 28E to 30W. It looks like some timeout happens or circuit overload protection. I have also noticed that it moves better (further) East than West.

The same configuration works perfectly fine with DM800 connected.

I have tried to play with "Satellite equipment setup" plugin settings (bottom 2 lines) but doing so makes Vu+Duo very unstable and rebooting with "green" screen when moving positions.
    I have tried VTI and VTX images and the same problem exist with both!

Anyone here has positive experience setting up positioner with Vu+Duo?

Any feedback would be really appreciated!

Alexander aka Satbeams
    DM800, DM500, Vu+Duo
    CM C120 45W-...-57E
    Gibertini-125 40E
    T90
    Code:
    http://radikal.ru/F/s56.radikal.ru/i151/1007/a2/35a7ae7cd6de.jpg.html
    Last edited by Sicilian; 12-10-10 at 07:06. Reason: removed live link

Title
    Thanks
    I got mine set up with a GBox V3000 positioner without much trouble, and the dish covers 53E to 45W. I used the positioner to drive the dish to the satellites already stored in it with my previous receiver, then peaked each position again using the 'Positioner Setup' option in the receiver. The only thing I found that you really had to be aware of was to remember to enter the correct satellite 'Position Number' each time before pressing the green button to save the peaked position, otherwise you get multiple satellites stored at 'Position 1'!

I suppose you've already checked that you've got each sat correctly identified in the receiver? The positioner driver seems to be working well enough with its default settings in all images (and I've tried most) with my setup , so it's worth double checking your positions again, just to be sure.

Title
    Thanks
    I have all the positions stored too with DM800 and I copied all the settings from dm800 image directly to Vu+Duo settings file. All the positions look correct for all the birds if I browse them through the menu.
    As I said the only problem is that the motor only moves between close positions. When the dish needs to go longer way - it stops in the middle of nowhere. When I connect DM800 back it moves the dish without any problems!

Quote Originally Posted by robsond90 View Post
    I got mine set up with a GBox V3000 positioner without much trouble, and the dish covers 53E to 45W. I used the positioner to drive the dish to the satellites already stored in it with my previous receiver, then peaked each position again using the 'Positioner Setup' option in the receiver. The only thing I found that you really had to be aware of was to remember to enter the correct satellite 'Position Number' each time before pressing the green button to save the peaked position, otherwise you get multiple satellites stored at 'Position 1'!

I suppose you've already checked that you've got each sat correctly identified in the receiver? The positioner driver seems to be working well enough with its default settings in all images (and I've tried most) with my setup , so it's worth double checking your positions again, just to be sure.
    Alexander aka Satbeams
    DM800, DM500, Vu+Duo
    CM C120 45W-...-57E
    Gibertini-125 40E
    T90
    my setup

Title
    Thanks
    How have you got your tuners configured? After playing with my setup I have dicovered that having lnb B "Equal to A" causes some problems (refusal to go to certain satellites), whereas setting it back to "Second Cable ..." immediately corrects them again.

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you very much! I will give it a try and report here.

Quote Originally Posted by robsond90 View Post
    How have you got your tuners configured? After playing with my setup I have dicovered that having lnb B "Equal to A" causes some problems (refusal to go to certain satellites), whereas setting it back to "Second Cable ..." immediately corrects them again.
    Alexander aka Satbeams
    DM800, DM500, Vu+Duo
    CM C120 45W-...-57E
    Gibertini-125 40E
    T90
    my setup

Title
    Thanks
    Does not seem to work still.
    I have tried all the settings for tuner B. With Tuner B equal to A the motor does not move at all and with all others - the same result - stops in the middle!

Quote Originally Posted by ttalex View Post
    Thank you very much! I will give it a try and report here.
    Alexander aka Satbeams
    DM800, DM500, Vu+Duo
    CM C120 45W-...-57E
    Gibertini-125 40E
    T90
    my setup

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ttalex;20784

I have tried to play with "Satellite equipment setup" plugin settings (bottom 2 lines) but doing so makes Vu+Duo very unstable and rebooting with "green" screen when moving positions.
    I have tried VTI and VTX images and the same problem exist with both!

Alexander aka Satbeams
    DM800, DM500, Vu+Duo
    CM C120 45W-...-57E
    Gibertini-125 40E
    T90
    [code
    http://radikal.ru/F/s56.radikal.ru/i151/1007/a2/35a7ae7cd6de.jpg.html[/code]
    Seems strange they haven't bothered to fix the Satellite equipment plugin yet, i tested many months ago and gave up because of all green screens so i am using the positioner as separate instead.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast