Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Having real difficulties with the menus

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    I was waiting for you to show him how to "flash online" an OpenVix image using OpenATV.

Don't worry, moulin. You can use your bouquets on different images.

Title
    Thanks
    Hello twol

Thank you; I am very much NOT spurning your advice, the option to try ViX is still very much on the cards, however it has scared me a bit that the other chap has had such a disaster using USB (and I know your method was different) so for the moment - whilst I get more familiar with the Octagon - I'd rather stick with what I know at least works. To be honest I wasn't expecting to get quite so far quite so quickly, so I'll have a go doing the pruning with Dreamboxedit, but come back to you if the channel list is still clumsy. I am very grateful for ANY help I assure you!

Talking of dreamboxedit, I checked what had been saved on the laptop and was surprised to see a whole load of files in the folder I'd set aside, there's an *.xml file which is the biggy, but there must be twenty or so little text type files as well. My question: if it all goes wrong when I try and send the channel list back to the Octagon and I have to retrieve my original list, would I simply open up dreamboxedit and then open the *.xml file, or is there more to it than that? I suppose I was just expecting to find one big file saved, rather than this plethora of odds and ends.

Maybe I'm worrying unnecessarily.....

Title
    Thanks
    DBedit will select the files it needs automatically.

Just for information....

lamedb = list of services
    bouquets.tv = master list of all TV bouquet groups
    *.tv = individual TV bouquet files

bouquets.radio =master list of radio bouquet groups
    *.radio = individual radio bouquet files

satellites.xml= list of satellites/transponders
    Personalised file resides in /etc/enigma2
    System file resides in /etc/tuxbox

4. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

moulin (25-03-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Done a big prune - love it - whole bouquets and channels sent crashing into oblivion.

Saved it to a new folder.

Sent it back to the Octagon 4008 - quite a few error messages but with the suggestion to reboot, did so, and - GLORY!! - a wonderfully more manageable channel list that I can get my head round far more easily. Scrolling through or sorting by bouquet now makes much more sense.

VERY VERY GRATEFUL TO Abu B, and to twol (maybe for lesson 2 eh??!!, no doubt I'll be back) and machare yesterday. Very steep learning curve - and I still think software that doesn't have a channel edit/delete facility needs a rethink - but I've now got a receiver I can at least use without a degree in computer science, and I'd like again to say THANK YOU!

Mods - if this needs moving to a separate thread then please do tidy my mess up. Thank you.

(sorry - only just noticed that you've done precisely that - good move!)
    Last edited by moulin; 25-03-17 at 10:46.

Title
    Thanks
    You can edit the channels on the receiver, it is easier on PC. You can also do it using the Bouquet Editor in OpenWebif.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    I was waiting for you to show him how to "flash online" an OpenVix image using OpenATV.

Don't worry, moulin. You can use your bouquets on different images.
    Sorry Abu, you were doing such a great job!!!
    Last edited by twol; 25-03-17 at 11:27.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    The blessings just keep on coming. I've stuck in a USB stick, and made a couple of recordings off French TV multistream.

Apart from the fact I can't actually find how to get them to play on the 4008 itself (I end up in some Movie Center whcih doesn't list them) the files are definitely on the USB stick and can be read by VLC player on a computer, which is great.

Way-hay!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Sorry Abu and Moulin, realised eventually that we are talking about SF4008 and not HD51 (much easier) ..... spent too much time discussing and providing HD51 fix yesterday - ended up totally confused..

So SF4008 have to use OpenMultiboot
    Here we go:
    You need a usb stick mounted for Multiboot images.

On SF4008 receiver:
    Menu/Plugins
    Green button download plugins
    Extensions ... move down until OpenMultiBoot
    Hit enter to install

On PC:
    This works best with Filezilla or a similar ftp program.
    1st download the latest Openvix image for the SF4008.
    Then login to filezilla ... you need the IP address of the receiver, and login with IP and root.
    You have 2 panels (Left is PC, right is the receiver)
    ON LHS, find where you have the Openvix image.
    On RHS click on HDD ... it will probably jump to media/HDD, click on the red triangle and it will change to pointing down and show the HDD directories.
    Move down and click on open-multiboot-upload directory
    then move the Vix image with the mouse to this directory.

On receiver:
    Blue button to show installed plugins.
    Click on OpenMultiboot
    Click on Green button (Install).
    Should show Vix image.
    Hit enter ... will load onto USB stick.
    When finished, you get the menu back and you can the click on the Openvix image, Say Yes to reboot this image next.
    Then restart the receiver.
    Ensure OpenVix is outlined on restart and you should be away......... and you can still go back to OpenATV (in flash on multiboot).

Sorry for my confusion over the 2 receivers
    Last edited by twol; 25-03-17 at 12:03.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    No problem - I'm going to note what you wrote and save it up for when I'm feeling more confident. Just hesitant at the moment until we find out what's happened to the guy who got into difficulties yesterday.

Thanks - brilliant help from everyone!

Title
    Thanks
    I've been quiet - enjoying my multistreams on 5 deg W but today I have run into another query/problem.

I'm trying to get the DVB-S2X to work; I've moved a dish round onto 33 deg E and am trying to get TF1 Suisse/TMC/NT1, params are 12621 V 10057 25/36 S2X.

I choose Manual Scan, User Defined Transponder, but I can only then choose DVB-S or DVB-S2. So a FEC of 25/36 isn't one of the options, and I'm unclear what QPSK value I should be choosing - it doesn't seem to be an option on lyngsat for that use in DVB-S2X.

Double checked my order from the sponsors and it definitely says DVB-S2X, so I'm wondering what I'm missing.....?

Thanks for any help folks - you've been brilliant thus far and I'm grateful. Any guidance on all the values I should be inputting would be great!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Select DVB-S2, 8PSK and set FEC to Auto

13. The Following User Says Thank You to maxben For This Useful Post:

moulin (29-03-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks maxben, but that's my problem, I am only allowed to choose a specific FEC (1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 3/5 through to 9/10). There is no auto option in DVB-S2.
    Last edited by moulin; 29-03-17 at 16:19.

Title
    Thanks
    Ah, but you've cracked it for me, because I've just tried it on DVB-S setting (which does allow an auto FEC choice) and hey presto it's found the three channels in question.

Counter-intuitive but you've got the problem solved for me, THANK YOU.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    If you're using vix there certainly should be the option to select FEC Auto when DVB-S2 is selected.

DVB-S2X is just an extension of DVB-S2
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    Again, seems to be another defficiency in Open ATV then, although one that can be worked around.

When I'm feeling braver I will have a go at flashing it with ViX - wish I'd chosen that originally but hey you only find these things out by using them.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast