Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Having real difficulties with the menus

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    I have moved your recent posts into this thread. Please continue here

2. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

moulin (25-03-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Progressing slowly on, I think for Dreamboxedit I need the IP address for the 4008 (although it says it hasn't got one I'm sure I saw 192 168 0 9 go past, and the DBedit has 192 168 0 6 set up - do I change it to the 0 9 setting?

I have no idea what the username or password on the 4008 are - I was asked for neither.

Sorry - I was probably supposed to be doing this on a different thread - mods please feel free to move this. Renewed apologies.

Title
    Thanks
    1. Simplest thing for your network, try rebooting your receiver using the menus

2. Have you configured your tuners?
    On Openvix it is Menu > Setup > Service Searching > Tuner configuration.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks abu b.

Yes - tuners set up. The box works fine, I just find selecting the few channels I want to watch out of the thousands already pre-loaded a nightmare. All I'm after is clearing out vast swathes of channels and leaving Astra 1 FTA, adding Astra 2 FTA (I have at least worked out how to add frequencies manually, I haven't added Astra 2 yet as I'd like to do the clear out first) and finally retaining French TV multistream on 5 deg W, which as I say is what I really bought the box for and which works perfectly.

I'll reboot and report back.

Thank you again.

Title
    Thanks
    Setting up your tuners so that your receiver knows what dishes/LNBS are connected to it is a fundamental basic.

A guide to to dreambox edit is here
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...o-using-DBEdit

You may also wish to use/try E-Channeliser or Dreamset.

Title
    Thanks
    Right progress - thank you again. Pulled the plug out and switched back on:

The IP address (with the value I half expected) now shows up properly as 192 168 0 9.
    Network 255 255 255 0
    Gateway 192 168 0 1
    Primary DNS 192 168 0 1
    Secondary DNS 0 0 0 0

Sp presumably I can tell Dreamboxedit the IP address, but I still need a username and password.....?

Title
    Thanks
    Just looking at the tutorial you linked to now. Still need what I assume is a default user name and password for the 4008. Then I can probably progress - at least until the next hurdle.

As I say, tuners must be set up as I can watch Astra 1 and 5 deg W perfectly.

Title
    Thanks
    re the tutorial - understand about using existing channel lists, but presumably there's a facility for *importing* the lists already in the receiver and then editing them and squirting them back....?

In any case I ought to do a back up of what's on the receiver already - just in case of disaster....?

Title
    Thanks
    The receiver keeps a list of services. It also has a list of bouquets/favourites. The two are different entities. enigma2 receivers also scan in the background when you are on a transponder, so you will always get changes. Unless you have services for satellites you don't have, I would not waste my time deleting the services you don't want. You would be better off making your bouquets.

OpenATV forces an install of bouquets. I would post a link to a command you can use to delete all services and bouquets. However, it may be confusing at this stage. You don't even have an IP address yet!

It is a steep learning curve with Enigma2 receivers. Do one thing at a time.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

moulin (25-03-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Read = Read what is on receiver. You can then save/backup on PC.
    Write = Write to receiver

Default log ons for most images

User = root
    Password = Blank, nothing, N/A. However, some applications don't play ball. So just type in root as password too.

You can also backup the whole image. That would be advisable before new "adventures".

13. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

moulin (25-03-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks. Actually deleting and starting again would be an excellent option; for my Technomates over the years I've always simply scanned specific transponders of interest to build up a channel list of what I want. But it might as you say be better to get the Dreamboxedit working first so that we know that's secure before doing a complete delete!

I do now have the IP address (at least I think I do, see above) - it's user name and password that now eludes me.

Laters: our posts crossed, I'll try those passwords.

Title
    Thanks
    OK, thank you again abu b. Thanks to you the laptop can now see the 4008 via Dreamboxedit and it says the passwords etc are fine. Blimey, all this before 8 o'clock in the morning.

Now then...

I created a new folder in Windows to store the current list.

I pressed Receive Files from Dreambox.

I got the following:

Retrieving file list of var/tuxbox/config/enigma
    starting FTP transfer
    Transfer complete
    retrieving file lis of var/tuxbox/config/enigma
    Starting FTP transfer
    Neither a "services" nor a "lamedb" file was found in directory "%" on the Dreambox. var/tuxox/config/enigma/
    Check the dream path settings on the option panel to point to the correct Dreambox directories and try again
    Disconnecting
    Disconnected.

Still, it's progress beyond my wildest dreams.

Starting with a blank channel list is seeming the most useful option - if it's possible.

Title
    Thanks
    Did you set your profile as Enigma2 in DBedit? You have setup an Enigma1 profile.

With regards to starting form blank boquets on current image, have a look at this:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...Linux-commands

If it something you are confident to try, the command to paste in Putty is this
    Code:
    init 4 && sleep 10 && rm -rf /etc/defaultsat.tar.gz && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/lamedb* && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.tv && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.radio  && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.del &&  init 3

17. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

moulin (25-03-17)

Title
    Thanks
    While you were writing I wondered if it was something like that, so I changed - in options - the file paths from "satellite receiver" to "version 3 setting (enigma 2)" and lo and behold I now have a screen full of channels on the laptop, with only one error which it says it's cleared up!

I salute you sir!

Could I just check - I chose version 3 setting but there was another option for "New Enigma2 settings". Should I have chosen that or doesn't it really matter?

That general delete command gives me a worrying feeling, what I'll do (if I may) is to see what I can do with the list now I've actually - again thank you - got access to it. Presumably if I save a copy (it may already have done that) I can then do a bit of pruning, squirt it back, and see whether it's actually made any difference. I could do that with a few obvious test channels....

Then get a bit braver and prune some more.....

I'll report back later, but many many thanks again abu b. Real progress and it's down to you.
    Last edited by moulin; 25-03-17 at 09:22.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Well done! I will leave you in Abu's capable hands!! ... and not interfere
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

20. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

moulin (25-03-17)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast