Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone got one yet, first impressions

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Two drivers issues I know of that have been confirmed and being worked on as I type this.

1) Channel zapping needed a little speeding up, already fixed in drivers i'm testing.
    2) Switching from 720 skin to 1080 skin causing a kernel crash and needs a power cycle.

Both the above will be fixed very soon, can't think of anything else
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

rajigagi (21-03-17),TheBeast (21-03-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingpig View Post
    What can you get that is 4k though? As far as I can see there is only 2 channels on 28 east which are both test channels - i can see these on my TV, but that is by using hte sat tuner in my TV and not my box (which isnt 4k).
    That is a very fair point and I do agree that 4K is not necessary as of yet. VM in future perhaps..?
    Thing is, I'm upgrading my trusty old Edision OSmini. She served me very well but it only has one DVB-C tuner. As I have not seen an alternative receiver with 2 DVB-C tuners and 1 DVB-S2 in the same price bracket with the same CPU performance compared to the TM 4K Triple, I thought I might as well..
    So close to clicking that 'Checkout' button...

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Two drivers issues I know of that have been confirmed and being worked on as I type this.

1) Channel zapping needed a little speeding up, already fixed in drivers i'm testing.
    2) Switching from 720 skin to 1080 skin causing a kernel crash and needs a power cycle.

Both the above will be fixed very soon, can't think of anything else
    Thanks for that Sicilian. Nice to see all the support for this new box. Would you happen to know if PIP (Picture-In-Picture) works OK please?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    IIRC when i last checked it was working yes. I'll be next to TM Twin 4K again this evening and will check again.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

rajigagi (21-03-17),TheBeast (21-03-17)

Title
    Thanks
    IIRC when i last checked it was working yes. I'll be next to TM Twin 4K again this evening and will check again.
    Sicilian could you check the SD up scaling feature since you'll be having a look at this box please?

Title
    Thanks
    everyone thanks for all the reply's, i made the assumption, incorrectly, that because no body had posted anything on the technomate that it maybe a bit of a let down, but what I'm understanding it appears to be a very solid, well priced box.

once the driver issue is sorted, I'd imagine that it has to potential be the best of the 3 receivers mentioned in this trend.

I've the gigablue quad myself the last 5 years, super solid box, love it and was just looking for something similar spec in today's market. For the spec and pricing of the TM-Twin-4k compared to the original pricing of the gigablue the TM-TWIN-4K is a steal.

Thanks again for all the feedback, i think i will be making a purchase the end of this week when payday comes around.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannaman View Post
    Sicilian could you check the SD up scaling feature since you'll be having a look at this box please?
    Sames as other 4K models, theres is some upscaling, but please do not expect 4K out of HD or SD.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (21-03-17),Hannaman (21-03-17),rajigagi (21-03-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Have a twin at the moment and what I really hate is no boot up from deep standby for timers, can anyone tell me is this box can wake up from deep standby for a timer recording ?

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Not at all just interested to see if there is any improvement in SD since they have outlined the up-scaling capabilities.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannaman View Post
    Not at all just interested to see if there is any improvement in SD since they have outlined the up-scaling capabilities.
    Yes there is improvement, but no 4K receiver will give you 4K out of SD.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by robti View Post
    Have a twin at the moment and what I really hate is no boot up from deep standby for timers, can anyone tell me is this box can wake up from deep standby for a timer recording ?

Thanks
    Yes it can.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

rajigagi (21-03-17),robti (21-03-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Yes it can.
    Oh good, might be time to think about a new box then

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    Looks like a great box spec wise the only two things that put me off is no internal HDD and is as ugly as sin could be a great second/bedroom box

can you use a different brands remote Sicilian like you can on the octagan sf4008?
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bassethound View Post
    Looks like a great box spec wise the only two things that put me off is no internal HDD and is as ugly as sin could be a great second/bedroom box

can you use a different brands remote Sicilian like you can on the octagan sf4008?
    Spec says "Internal 2.5” SATA3 Hard Disk Drive Support, 2x USB 3.0 Ports"
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Spec says "Internal 2.5” SATA3 Hard Disk Drive Support, 2x USB 3.0 Ports"
    your right i missed red the blurb my bad

Running Broadcom's latest CPU, the 1.7Ghz Dual Core lightning processor is 4x faster than the previous generation, making booting, channel changing and applications run a lot quicker! With the TM-TWIN 4K, you can watch satellite channels in glorious Ultra High-Definition (UHD) with HDR, 4K 2160p with Dolby Digital Plus to give you a superior audio experience. It’s also True 3D ready ensuring compatibility with future 3D formats. The latest USB 3.0 ports are up to 10x faster than the previous generation of USB 2.0, allowing you to read/write data a lot quicker.

It is an Open Embedded satellite receiver which has access to plenty of Third Party applications giving you a lot more features and plugins than a standard satellite receiver. Want to know what's happening on another channel at the same time? Now you can. With HD Picture-In-Picture (PIP), you can view 2 HD channels at the same time! The Gigabit Ethernet Port allows data to transfer up to 10x faster than standard Ethernet Ports allowing faster streaming, file transfers, downloading/uploading...and more!

Not leaving the Standard Definition (SD) channels behind, we’ve developed a built-in hardware 4K Upscaler to improve the picture quality of Standard Definition (SD) channels via the HDMI output, scaling the output to up to 4K resolution. You can use a USB Hard Disk Drive (HDD) or an internal 2.5" Hard Disk Drive to record all your favourite channels, listen to your music and watch a slideshow of your photos. Supporting the latest SATA-3 connection allowing up to 6Gb/s, twice as fast as SATA-2, hard drive performance has never been this fast (requires SATA-3 compatible HDD)! The advanced CPU allows you to record up to 7 channels at the same time (on two different Transponders). Eco-friendly with 1W standby power consumption.
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast