Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Anyone got one yet, first impressions

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lnoton View Post
    I bought from the rainforest. Had a replacements and returning both. They keep locking up, no matter what image I use.

Interestingly they also reduced the price each time. Now £37 cheaper since I've marked both orders as return.

Never has so many problems with a piece of hardware. And just to confirm I'm a tech junkie and work in tech. I know what I'm doing but these boxes don't work for me and my pretty standard hardware. Lg oled ysp-2700.
    I think you've been unlucky or something your setting up.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Agreed , could absolutely be my setup. But I have no other problems and nothing im willing to change.

Might look at some other models once this refund is processed.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Iya View Post
    Just ordered one from wos....arriving tomorrow...Will play over w/end and post initial thoughts later.

Hi....new to the forum....looks very helpful & friendly.
    Oh dear....tried flashing vix image and green front panel light just keeps flashing.....and flashing.......and....ZZZZZZzzzzzzz
    I want the box to flash not the led.............

Title
    Thanks
    I had that with the shipped image on first restart.

Did it come up with the screen that said new firmware detected, press a button.

Think I'm gonna go vu or gigablue.

Title
    Thanks
    £40 cheaper from the big on line.

I'd avoid them and go with wos if you want one...clearly they are all being returned and price dropped to hope they stop being returned because of the mental 'bargain'

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lnoton View Post
    I had that with the shipped image on first restart.

Did it come up with the screen that said new firmware detected, press a button.

Think I'm gonna go vu or gigablue.
    No....it just blanked the screen then the flashing (LED) started. Worried that i'd brick it, I unplugged the usb stick and powered off. It stared up again...did a factory reset and it seems to be OK WITH THE EXCEPTION that it refuses to connect to my (wired) network.
    I'm also trying to get my head round setting the box up with my Primesat motor..........and the "user manual"....errcchhhh!!!!!!

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iya View Post
    "user manual"....errcchhhh!!!!!!
    User manuals are pointless with any e2 receiver as users tend to use 3rd party images.

Make your your router has dhcp on and ensure the receiver has dhcp on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    And now they are ridiculously cheap. Cant just be me, they have loads of used for sale.

Title
    Thanks
    Think I'll order the 51 4k from here.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456