Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone got one yet, first impressions

Title
    Thanks

Anyone got one yet, first impressions

Evening all,

Just a question to ye all,
    looking for opinions of the TM-Twin 4k. has anyone invested yet.

I understand it's new and with all new receivers there are initial teeth problems.
    how does VIX run on this. any know issues.

Just looking for opinions really, very good spec for cost i think.

thanks in advance

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Great spec compact receiver, new on the market.

Couple of small driver issues that should be resolved shortly.

Openmultiboot will be in next release build 5.0.005, Transcoding and Kodi coming soon too.

I can't really find any negatives about it compared to other 4k boxes in this price range.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (20-03-17),bucketandsuz (22-03-17),rajigagi (20-03-17),robti (20-03-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    never had a technomate, but personally I would get the octagon sf4008 (slightly cheaper). just to be aware if you plan to use 4k, then check your tv has a HDMI 2.0. although 4k looks really good in 1080p/i
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

Title
    Thanks
    thanks for the info, and the reply's

very interested in getting this receiver, technomate was the first receiver we have 10 or so years ago and it still works to receiver the FTA channels.

I also think octagon is a great receiver, never taught of it to be honest.. God dam it so many good receivers out at moment. hard to make a decision

Title
    Thanks
    Hi All I too am interested in this new box and previously have been watching the Octagon equivalent - OCTAGON SF4008 4K UHD 2160p Linux Enigma 2 Receiver 2x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 Tuners 1x Satellite DVB-S/S2/S2X since before Christmas, but decided to hold off whilst the support and teething troubles were being worked on.
    I would also be very interested in hearing feedback from those who've took the plunge and purchased this box and to see how it compares to the Octagon SF4008 since Sicilian says that the TM-Twin 4K actually have a newer spec CPU, already has OpenATV and OpenViX images and OpenPLi based 4D image, plus the next OpenViX build will have OpenMultiboot on the TM-Twin 4K and Kodi will also be available in the future.
    Thanks in advance for any info/feedback guys

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rajigagi View Post
    Hi All I too am interested in this new box and previously have been watching the Octagon equivalent - OCTAGON SF4008 4K UHD 2160p Linux Enigma 2 Receiver 2x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 Tuners 1x Satellite DVB-S/S2/S2X since before Christmas, but decided to hold off whilst the support and teething troubles were being worked on.
    I would also be very interested in hearing feedback from those who've took the plunge and purchased this box and to see how it compares to the Octagon SF4008 since Sicilian says that the TM-Twin 4K actually have a newer spec CPU, already has OpenATV and OpenViX images and OpenPLi based 4D image, plus the next OpenViX build will have OpenMultiboot on the TM-Twin 4K and Kodi will also be available in the future.
    Thanks in advance for any info/feedback guys
    there been no teething issues with the octagon sf4008. the box runs fine and a fantastic box on openvix
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

8. The Following User Says Thank You to john doe For This Useful Post:

rajigagi (20-03-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi all. I'm very close to ordering the Technomate TM-Twin 4K Enigma 2 Linux HD PVR TRIPLE TUNER Combo 1x DVB-S/S2 + 2x DVB-C Receiver. As it stands I can't find any reasons to go for another box, unless somebody can convince me otherwise of course!
    The nearest rival I can think of is the Octagon SF4008 but it seems to me the Technomate offers better specs for the same amount of £'s. Any thoughts?

What I'm especially intrigued about is the PIP (=Picture-In-Picture) the TM seems to offer. Has anybody tried this yet? I will most likely run OpenVIX and was curios if this feature will be supported please?

Title
    Thanks
    glad to see that i'm not the only one very curious about this receiver, yes it looks like the tm-twin-4k is a slightly better spec tan the octagon.

does the mutant hd51 compare to either of these, looks similar spec an again price, but the technomate has twice the memory. other than that to my inexperience eyes they look the same.

maybe the tuners are the main differance..

Title
    Thanks
    I'd love to see how the sd upscaler works. But for the price this box looks great.

Title
    Thanks
    Just had a quick look and at that price its tempting. Just such an ugly box and remote. Does this have external ir?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketandsuz View Post
    glad to see that i'm not the only one very curious about this receiver, yes it looks like the tm-twin-4k is a slightly better spec tan the octagon.

does the mutant hd51 compare to either of these, looks similar spec an again price, but the technomate has twice the memory. other than that to my inexperience eyes they look the same.

maybe the tuners are the main differance..
    You are definitely not alone. I suspect this box will become a top seller.

I think the downside of the hd51 (if you require this option that is..) is that it doesn't offer the option of having 1x DVB-S/S2 + 2x DVB-C. I think you can only have a max of 2 tuners (unlike the 3 in the TM triple model).

Title
    Thanks
    What can you get that is 4k though? As far as I can see there is only 2 channels on 28 east which are both test channels - i can see these on my TV, but that is by using hte sat tuner in my TV and not my box (which isnt 4k).

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Just bear in mind with any new 4K receiver (ARM cpu), you can only use Oscam or (Ncam) for your Softcam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Personally I like the look of the black brushed aluminium front panel
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
    You are definitely not alone. I suspect this box will become a top seller.

I think the downside of the hd51 (if you require this option that is..) is that it doesn't offer the option of having 1x DVB-S/S2 + 2x DVB-C. I think you can only have a max of 2 tuners (unlike the 3 in the TM triple model).
    Mut@nt HD51: good 4K spec, has true multiboot (not a plugin that has to be fixed), offers Kodi 17 NOW. Poor remote. Solid drivers and support. 2 tuners.
    Octagon SF4008: good 4K spec, better remote, promises Kodi and other goodies., upto 3 tuners DB2-SX.
    Multiboot plugin working again.
    Good support .....
    TM-twin: offers 4K chip from same chip family as the other 2 boxes (and announced at same time) with slightly better performance and memory access. Should have working multiboot plugin.
    3 tuners, promises ... like Octagon, could be best box since sliced bread but lets see

O
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast