Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VU+ Solo 4k with OpenVix freezing

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Andy_Hazza,
    Yes, you're probably right in fairness. I really feel that I'm well out of my depth with setting this up...But where can I gain the knowledge to set this up correctly?

Title
    Thanks
    I just flashed the new Vix 5 software from scratch. Buttons were working fine, went through the set up but then it froze again, just after telling me that it was ready for use

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    ..... so the menu button isn't working?

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry john doe, the skin I was setting up was called Blue HD I believe... The skin is only just that though isn't it? Just colouring and theme of the same menus, etc....

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    ..... so the menu button isn't working?
    Well no, not now. No button is working now at all.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by satellite dummy View Post
    Hi Andy_Hazza,
    Yes, you're probably right in fairness. I really feel that I'm well out of my depth with setting this up...But where can I gain the knowledge to set this up correctly?
    We've all been in this situation buddy. An official sky box is plug n play whereas these e2 boxes have so much more to offer. You'll get to grips with it I'm sure and don't be afraid to keep flashing the receiver and trying different things out. My advice is just setup the basics first and setup ABM (AutoBouquetsMaker) & CrossEPG and then just introduce things gradually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

satellite dummy (04-03-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the advice. I knew Sky was designed to be simple and I knew I'd have a bit more to do with the VU but my god, I had no idea how much more! ABM and CrossEPG - more new terms for me! I think the title "novice" would not explain how far behind I am with this stuff! Is there anywhere I can get a fool's guide to all this satellite box lingo, terms, etc. I would love to learn but don't know where to start!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Sorry john doe, the skin I was setting up was called Blue HD I believe... The skin is only just that though isn't it? Just colouring and theme of the same menus, etc....
    follow Andys suggestion. start with the important things first ABM, then Cross epg. the bubbles on the screen will show if the flash was successful. once the load up page done you should see the setup wizard, asking to setup DHCP, and your satellite setting 28.2, 05 etc, depending what you on. once done all that, the box should reboot, this is when you can start settuo ABM, cross epg and the rest

all comes with experience, took me a day or even more when I first started, now can setup a box in in no time
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

10. The Following User Says Thank You to john doe For This Useful Post:

satellite dummy (04-03-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi everyone, Ok I reflashed my box with OpenVix 5.0 and spent some time "playing" with the menus. It's working now anyway! I've managed to find the Auto Bouquets Maker and set up some channel lists (ABM is just the ordering of the available channels is it??). Then I managed to do a scan (of some sort) and now I have some of the available channels. I know there are more available but I can't figure out how to download/scan them in....? I have also managed to do a Vix back-up so hopefully all this is saved should I have to reflash again! Thanks for all your help so far, I'm making some progress but a long way to go yet

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi everyone, Ok I reflashed my box with OpenVix 5.0 and spent some time "playing" with the menus. It's working now anyway! I've managed to find the Auto Bouquets Maker and set up some channel lists (ABM is just the ordering of the available channels is it??). Then I managed to do a scan (of some sort) and now I have some of the available channels. I know there are more available but I can't figure out how to download/scan them in....? I have also managed to do a Vix back-up so hopefully all this is saved should I have to reflash again! Thanks for all your help so far, I'm making some progress but a long way to go yet
    if you use ABM theres no need to manual or auto scan, just use ABM and this will do bring channels up.

go into ABM, config - setup to expert mode, schedule scan yes, time of scan to start- this is when ABM will auto update channels (pick a time that when you are not watching tv, example 3:00am.

repeat how often - daily or weekly up to you. keep all non... yes - place bouquet at top = extra debug yes. press green t save.

go to providers and go to Sky uk set to yes, go to sky uk are and use custom and the area you live. setup rest how you want. press green. now go to scan and this will scan all channels.
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to john doe For This Useful Post:

garryboy (07-03-17),John57 (06-03-17),satellite dummy (07-03-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for that! I haven't done it yet but will at first opportunity. I had set up APM in Simple mode I think and definitely didn't do the schedule scan....so the APM brought up the channel name but not the channel names themselves. Will let you know how I get on. Cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12