Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VU+ Solo 4k with OpenVix freezing

Title
    Thanks

VU+ Solo 4k with OpenVix freezing

I have vu+Solo 4k box with OpenVix. Box/Vix completely froze when setting up a new skin in OpenVix. I downloaded it ok, it was during the set up that it went wrong. I was following the tutorial video so I think I did everything correct. I'm getting the tree image with "Please Wait..." Have had this since yesterday. Switching off the box does not reset...Please help

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    2 questions to start with.

Which version of ViX are you on?

Have you used telnet before?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    If you are familiar with telnet, and it will connect to the box after it has frozen, simply delete the folder then new skin is stored in.
    It should be in /usr/share/enigma2/.....

The other solution is to reflash the image.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    2 questions to start with.

Which version of ViX are you on?

Have you used telnet before?
    Hi, thanks for answering.

Vix 4.2 030. (Just see now that Vix 5.0 is available so I guess I should try that....)

I don't even know what telnet is so I'm guessing NO!

Sorry, I really don't know much about this stuff at all and I'm wondering if the VU box was a mistake as a result..
    Last edited by satellite dummy; 04-03-17 at 13:48. Reason: New info received

Title
    Thanks
    Not familar with telnet, is this a software that I should download and plug into box??

Was going to reflash but was afraid I'd just do more damage

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Telnet is a program you run on a pc which allows you to connect to your box.

Reflash the latest image with a settings restore is your simplest option.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satellite dummy View Post
    Hi, thanks for answering.

Vix 4.2 030.

I don't even know what telnet is so I'm guessing NO!

Sorry, I really don't know much about this stuff at all and I'm wondering if the VU box was a mistake as a result..
    what skin was you setting up?

Vu are very good receivers. i have used Vu for many many years with no problems (you have a good receiver there). people complain/moan when they don't understand how to do something or something goes wrong. the forum is here to support.

if you have a backup I would use this first. if not I would flash the new openvix 5 images (if out for solo4k) and take from there. Telnet (is a program) where you can send commands to the receiver, that diagnosis, send information or receive information etc etc. if you are not familiar with telnet, leave this for the moment & reflash and start again. if you have problems come back
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

8. The Following User Says Thank You to john doe For This Useful Post:

satellite dummy (04-03-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Ha ha, I'm in little doubt that my incompetence will be a bigger problem than the box Although, I'm pretty sure that something went wrong here with software.
    Will flash Vix 5 now and let you all know how I get on.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks. Reflash, I can do but what do you mean by a settings restore? I'll try this first

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You really need to take regular backups of your box, so that when you find yourself in the situation you are in now, you can restore your system back to how you had it, without having to start again from scratch.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

john doe (04-03-17),satellite dummy (04-03-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks. Reflash, I can do but what do you mean by a settings restore? I'll try this first
    when you flash and setup a box and have it the way you want, its always a good ideas to backup your image and setting . buy pressing blue button/going to Vix/back up manager and image manager, and using green button to back up everything, in case something happens you can always go back and restore the last image, you can set this up automatically to do when a new image comes out.
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by john doe View Post
    when you flash and setup a box and have it the way you want, its always a good ideas to backup your image and setting . buy pressing blue button/going to Vix/back up manager and image manager, and using green button to back up everything, in case something happens you can always go back and restore the last image, you can set this up automatically to do when a new image comes out.
    Ah, ok, that makes sense. However, I get the feeling that this could be a regular occurrence which is somewhat worrying. Coming from a sky box, in fairness I never had these kind of problems.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Ah, ok, that makes sense. However, I get the feeling that this could be a regular occurrence which is somewhat worrying. Coming from a sky box, in fairness I never had these kind of problems.
    Most likely a user setup error. I have the Vu+ Solo4K and is working flawlessly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    So, I just flashed Vix 5 and went through the set up. Everything seemed to go ok and I got the message that it was ready to use, I got a screed with the tv guide bar at the bottom (blank) and then I got a colourful bubbles OpenVix screen which said "please wait". Unfortunately, I'm still waiting 30 minutes later...Could it be something during set up that I did wrong or is there a problem with my box?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    It's waiting for you to setup from scratch. Does the menu button work?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast